“Great dining experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Giuseppe's Italian Restaurant

Giuseppe's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Giuseppe's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 429 Restaurants in Bellingham
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roeder
Description: Giuseppe's Al Porto has a spectacular view of Squalicum Marina at Bellingham Bay and with Chef Christian Turner focusing on the freshest local ingredients, while utilizing classic Italian technique, our restaurant is an experience that you cannot afford to miss!! We offer Dining Al Tramonto which is our three course dinner for $14.95 Sunday thru Thursday from 4:00pm - 5:30pm. Or come join us for happy hour and our hand crafted Infusion Cocktails as well as Chef Turner's Balsamic Rosemary Glazed Ribs! With our two large outdoor dining terraces as well as our main dining area's Giuseppe's Al Porto is suited for all occasions.
“Great dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Took my wife for her birthday and had a great dinner. The wait staff was fast, attentive and courteous. Ordered to calamari to start with, not breaded but sautéed - tender and tasty. Had the steak special that was cooked to perfection. Would definitely return to try more items. Could become my favorite Italian eatery!

Seattle
“Little Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Bustling little taste of Italy on the waterfront. Local ingredients integrated into a classic Italian bistro.

Visited June 2013
Bellingham, Washington
“Passable, but overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Preparation and flavors generally okay but the high prices are out of line for the quality of the food which is only slightly above average. That is, the ingredients aren't as good as they could be. For instance, the menu promised a caprese salad made with "seasonal tomatoes". In late August, that should be something other than flavorless supermarket Roma's probably from Mexico, but it wasn't. Wine prices are also high--the Italian whites were all about 3x retail. But it's there--loud and fun and noisy, with a great view of the harbor, and that's a good thing.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Kelowna, Canada
“Fine Italian dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I were in Bellingham for a few days just to get away and relax from everything. Giuseppe's was recommended to us by Betty Cribbs(Viewmont Manor B and B). It was chilly the night we were there so we choose to eat inside. Our waiter was very good. My wife who has a wheat allergy ordered a gluten free pasta dish while I ordered the Lasagna. My wife's dish was excellent but mine on the other hand was only OK. For me it was too dry and not enough sauce. I've had this same dish at other Italian restaurants and they all for the most part end up being too dry. In the end I should have stuck with what I normally get when we go to a upscale Italian restaurant and that is Lamb Rack. The flourless chocolate cake we had for dessert was very good. Overall, we still would highly recommend Giuseppe's.

Kingston, WA
“Fine dining without "froufrou"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Beautiful Restaurant with a great outdoor seating area...one for families and one for the bar eligible. Excellent Italian food, great wine list, great smiling happy staff, much ambience...on the water, romantic, prices for happy hour wonderful and a thoughtful grouping of early bird dinners at reduced prices. We enjoyed a beautiful cold Washington Pinot Gris, three separate appetizers and shared a yummy desert for $55..... (ok, I lied) I gave a fantastic waiter ten bucks) My Bad!

Visited August 2013