“Passable, but overpriced” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Giuseppe's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 424 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roeder
Description: Giuseppe's Al Porto has a spectacular view of Squalicum Marina at Bellingham Bay and with Chef Christian Turner focusing on the freshest local ingredients, while utilizing classic Italian technique, our restaurant is an experience that you cannot afford to miss!! We offer Dining Al Tramonto which is our three course dinner for $14.95 Sunday thru Thursday from 4:00pm - 5:30pm. Or come join us for happy hour and our hand crafted Infusion Cocktails as well as Chef Turner's Balsamic Rosemary Glazed Ribs! With our two large outdoor dining terraces as well as our main dining area's Giuseppe's Al Porto is suited for all occasions.
Bellingham, Washington
“Passable, but overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Preparation and flavors generally okay but the high prices are out of line for the quality of the food which is only slightly above average. That is, the ingredients aren't as good as they could be. For instance, the menu promised a caprese salad made with "seasonal tomatoes". In late August, that should be something other than flavorless supermarket Roma's probably from Mexico, but it wasn't. Wine prices are also high--the Italian whites were all about 3x retail. But it's there--loud and fun and noisy, with a great view of the harbor, and that's a good thing.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Kelowna, Canada
“Fine Italian dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I were in Bellingham for a few days just to get away and relax from everything. Giuseppe's was recommended to us by Betty Cribbs(Viewmont Manor B and B). It was chilly the night we were there so we choose to eat inside. Our waiter was very good. My wife who has a wheat allergy ordered a gluten free pasta dish while I ordered the Lasagna. My wife's dish was excellent but mine on the other hand was only OK. For me it was too dry and not enough sauce. I've had this same dish at other Italian restaurants and they all for the most part end up being too dry. In the end I should have stuck with what I normally get when we go to a upscale Italian restaurant and that is Lamb Rack. The flourless chocolate cake we had for dessert was very good. Overall, we still would highly recommend Giuseppe's.

Kingston, WA
“Fine dining without "froufrou"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Beautiful Restaurant with a great outdoor seating area...one for families and one for the bar eligible. Excellent Italian food, great wine list, great smiling happy staff, much ambience...on the water, romantic, prices for happy hour wonderful and a thoughtful grouping of early bird dinners at reduced prices. We enjoyed a beautiful cold Washington Pinot Gris, three separate appetizers and shared a yummy desert for $55..... (ok, I lied) I gave a fantastic waiter ten bucks) My Bad!

Visited August 2013
Vancouver, BC
“Great meal. We will go again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I had our anniversary dinner at Giuseppe's in early August. The meal was excellent. Steak was perfect, salad was very tasty, and the gentleman serving us did a great job. Very attentive service. Giuseppe came by our table to see how we were doing. We would recommend the restaurant, and we will certainly be back.

Visited August 2013
ferndale, wa
“Just Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We went to Giuseppe's on Saturday to celebrate my wife's 65th birthday and everything was outstanding. Our family came up from San Diego to help us celebrate. We have been going to Giuseppe's for three years and have never been disappointed. Giuseppe's is always there to greet you and will stop by your table during dinner to say hello. Service is consistently top-notch. Knowledgeable,friendly and unobtrusive. The food is consistently well prepared. Our pasta dishes and seafood were amazing. I had the Muscovey duck breast and it was one of the best preparations I have had. They also have a great Happy Hour. Unwind on the patio with a glass of wine and enjoy the view of the marina. Highly recommended.