“Great working bar, great building, great location!”

Boundary Bay Brewery & Bistro
Ranked #5 of 452 Restaurants in Bellingham
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Boundary Bay Brewery opened in 1995 & we've been making great handcrafted beer and fresh, local food for the Bellingham community ever since! Our brewery houses a Tap Room and family-friendly Bistro, located in a restored historic 1922 warehouse in Downtown Bellingham, across from the Saturday Farmer's Market. We also have a great deck for outdoor dining and a Beer Garden where you can enjoy BBQ's and outdoor concerts in the Summer.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We saw this place after attending the Saturday farmer's market in downtown Bellingham and vowed to go back and eat there, which we did, a week later. Because we had teenagers with us, we had to eat in the restaurant part, which had great local art on display (great art, and affordable) and nice, old walls and high ceilings. It was the lunch rush, and service to take our order and give us the check was slow though friendly. The food, though a bit pricey, came SUPER fast once we got the order in, and was good.The reuben wasn't the best I've had, but it was a respectable representation on great locally made bread. The pizza the kids shared was freshly made on homemade crust: kids liked, husband did not. The BEST thing, however, is that when the kids went off to explore downtown we got out our laptops, headed to the bar, and worked for a couple of hours while enjoying craft brews and local flavor.

This is a GREAT place to get work done in Bellingham! Not too noisy, laid back vibe, quick service, full menu, and happy hour specials. My husband didn't even drink and enjoyed the vibe, the coffee and sweets he ordered. If you like the option of having a drink while you work, this is the place to go.

There are newer reviews for Boundary Bay Brewery & Bistro

Reviewed June 24, 2013

As a native of the upper NW corner of the state, I adore rain. But even on an overcast day, the first thing I noticed was the gloomy feel this pub had (I'd have tried to put the dining room facing the bay, but it's likely you didn't have a choice). The second thing I noticed was they list their ABV, yet not their IBU. I wasn't in the mood for a long, drawn out discussion with our waitress about the degree of bitterness of each beer - it's frustrating when breweries don't provide that info on their menus or taplists. So, I just had water. Unfortunately, my dry burger would have made my dessicated-meat-loving mother quite happy. The bun was dense and dry, too, which didn't help. It had a wee swipe of mayonnaise on half of it, so most moisture had to come from the lettuce and tomato.

But our waitress was nice, and quite accomodating. Even so, next time we're in B'ham, we'll probably visit Kulshan or Chuckanut first.

1  Thank Pomegranate206
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went to the Bellingham farmer's market for the morning and then to Boundary Bay for lunch. I hade the steamed clams, and they were delicious, little clams in a light cream sauce served with bread. Some of the best clams I've ever had, and that's saying a lot because I grew up digging clams on Puget Sound. My daughter had the Mac and Cheese, and it was also fantastic. My wife and adult son shared the nachos and it was very good and more than enough for two.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

If you don't mind the dirty atmosphere, it's okay. Food is nothing special. Beer garden/concert area could be fun on a summer night, but not really my scene. Very granola.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great assortment of micro-beers and exceptional food, from basic burgers to lamb burgers or hummus plates. Very popular with locals.

Been to Boundary Bay Brewery & Bistro? Share your experiences!