“Expensive”

Colophon Cafe
Ranked #11 of 456 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: We are located in a national historic building over 130 years old and adjacent to city park space. For nearly 30 years, the Colophon Cafe has been the true heart of Fairhaven! We strive for fresh and delicious food, offering five homemade soups a day and we are known for our African Peanut Soup, fresh salads and sandwiches, a full cocktail menu with rotating taps and an excellent happy hour from 3-6pm Monday thru Friday. Our bakers make all our desserts from scratch and we have an epic peanut butter pie, cookies and cakes. We have many gluten-free options and will cater to dietary restrictions. Outdoor patio seating is available seasonally on the perimeter of a city park that often has live music and events. If it is cold, cozy up on the couch and have a Caffe Umbria espresso or glass of wine by the fire with your favorite people. We hope to see you soon and welcome to Bellingham!
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had lunch yesterday outside, nice view, farmers market going on really nice setting. But ~ I had a Greek salad small on size, but saturated in dressing, actually wilted not many vegetables, it did come with pita and hummus. $19.00 for this salad and iced tea, way to expensive for this meal, I will not be returning.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Fast service, good food, gluten free choices. I had a turkey avocado sandwich on gluten free bread with vegan pea soup, with a gluten free peanut butter cookie for dessert. On a summer Sunday, overlooking the Village green with a swing band concert.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We used to come to this quaint little restaurant in the heart of Fairhaven District in south Bellingham especially for their ice cream, particularly their chocolate peanut butter ice cream. When they were out of that we'd get the Moose trax. But this trip we spotted the chocolate peanut butter pie and it was fabulous! I have tried it in a number of restaurants and was always disappointed. However this time it was a hit! The only one I would return for. Maybe next time I'll get lucky and get both the ice cream and the pie. Yum! You have to try it. Really. But leave me a piece. :)

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I always make it a point to stop here for a bite when I'm in the area. The Colophon Cafe is wonderfully funky; with outdoor tables facing a park that often has a farmer's market and live entertainment in the summer. Food is good and servers are very friendly. As someone else mentioned, there's a great bookstore (Village Books) next door as well. A great way to spend a casual afternoon.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great prices, located in the Fairhaven Historic District, and great Pac NW food!! I recommend the African Peanut Soup - delicious and filling.

Been to Colophon Cafe? Share your experiences!