“Always Reliable”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Anthony's Homeport is always our go to restaurant for a good meal and beautiful view over Bellingham Bay/Harbour. Waitstaff is attentive and usually on the spot with good service. A nice lunch menu with a good selection of plates $10 and under. I like that they have the normal dinner menu items you've come to expect, but also include seasonal and local catch options. Wonderful Happy Hour deals, but seating is limited so come early. Reservations suggested. Nice patio dining options in the summer. Please allow additional time to fully enjoy your dining experience. Can be noisey at rush times.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Frequently eat at this Anthony's. Great fish, seafood, wine list and ambiance. Love dropping in and eating at the kitchen counter/bar - great to see food prepped by the very professional chef and staff - always cheerful no matter how busy. Excellent Marina view.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Anthony's is a moderately expensive restaurant on the waterfront in Bellingham. The food is above average and a good value, price-wise. The ambiance of the restaurant is somewhat noisy and move 'em in, move 'em out industrial. The waterfront view is very good, especially if you are lucky enough to be there for a sunset. The service tends to be robotic and impersonal but the servers tend to cover lots of tables, so that may have something to do with the perfunctory service. The bar is small, but always hopping. Watching the food preparers is entertaining, if nothing else around you is. Reservations recommended.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

February is my birthday month and Anthony's sends out a $20 email gift certificate every year.
They have raised prices since I was last there, but 20-bucks helps.
On the 22nd my wife and I had dinner. I made a reservation on the 17th, thinking this might help me get a window table. When we arrived at 4:55 for our 5pm reservation the hostess said it would just be a minute. I was worried because past reservations didn't help and we waited 15-20 minutes. This time is was only a five minute wait. The gal started taking us to a booth. We asked if a window table was possible. She went back to the hostess table and came back and said fine.
Don't people with reservations carry more weight than those just walking in? Anyway we got a window seat. The waiter, Nate, came right away. He seemed rushed and had no personality at all. We thought it was just us, but we heard him at the table behind us. Watching his face when he took their order showed he wanted to be somewhere else. They were asking lots of questions and his facial expressions were telling.
Our meals were fine and the water boy kept our glasses full.
I just had a feeling they wanted to get us in and out as fast as possible.
They used to have a waiter named Anthony. He was bald and looked like Mr. Clean. I miss him.
He introduced us to their email club so we could get specials on-line, especially for birthdays.
Of course Anthony's is not the place for a quiet meal. It is very loud with the kitchen right there in front of everyone, but I felt like they took me for granted and didn't appreciate my business. Yes we only spent $40 after the coupon discount but with so many choices in Bellingham, they should be careful.
Will I go back again? Probably, but not until my wife gets her birthday deal next month.

1  Thank Chet C
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Anthony's just always delivers! Fresh fish, great prices & always outstanding service on the waterfront! Yep - The Bellingham location is beautiful & has a rocking Happy Hour. The staff is a happy group of folks too. I love everything about this place - a must try if your in the area! P.S David was our server - he was gem & provided great insight to the wine selection and paid close attention to the details making the dining experience incredible!

Been to Anthony's at Squalicum Harbor? Share your experiences!