“GOOD SALAD BAR, GOOD DESERTS, NICE FOOD AT EXCELLENT PRICE”
Review of Old Country Buffet - CLOSED

Old Country Buffet
Cuisines: American
Scottsdale
“GOOD SALAD BAR, GOOD DESERTS, NICE FOOD AT EXCELLENT PRICE”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I like this restaurant because:
1- You get excellent service, a hug from the manageress, and always a genuine smile from the cashiers.
2- The salad bar is quite well stocked and serves up FRESH salad with a decent number of choices.
3- The desert bar is extensive and good quality.
4- The food is usually nice. There's a young lady who carves the steaks. My uncle says her Dad must be a paper manufacturer because she slices the grilled meats too thin! hehe The Lasagna and Pastas can be cooked better tasting. The BBQ chicken has a weird taste to it (they should start using one of the successful BBQ chicken herb flavors). Everything else tastes good to me.

The draw backs:
1- I hate their soft drink cups (plastic!)
2- I wish they had more fruit. They usually only have one kind.
3- I wish they had better choice soups. I suggest they visit Souplantations and learn!
4- Most importantly: they can double their profit (by increasing prices 15%-20%) if they add some baked seafood (I would even welcome paying extra for prawns as an add-on). They almost never have good seafood and I only see some fish fillets in water and deep fried fish/shrimps.

• Visited December 2012

NORTH VANCOUVER
“When in Rome.”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We make it a point to go here when we are passing through.
Under $40 for 5 of us, not to shabby.
My kids love it.
There is enough selection for all eaters.
My daughter just eats the self serve tacos!
Lots of hot and cold dishes.
Desserts are good.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank flyfishn
Bellingham, Washington
“Run-of-the-mill cafeteria food”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is run of the mill cafeteria food,. Not the place to go for freshly prepared fresh food. Some might like it for lots of food at a cheap price.

2 Thank Donna M
Coquitlam, Canada
“bland food”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

the food is too bland, if that is what you are looking for go ahead, to me it is a major no-no. Although the location is great if you must visit the mall.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank pri1975
Bellingham, Washington
“Good Food, Average Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The food at Old Country Buffet was good, but the atmosphere wasn't anything to write home about. Then again, eating in the mall couldn't very well be. I'd recommend going there if you're shopping and in need of some tasty comfort food, but advise against it if you're looking for a cozy and quiet dining atmosphere.

Visited July 2012