New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Bellingham
Seattle, Washington
“Close to WWU campus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Needed a place to stay for a freshman event at WWU. This hotel was 5 minutes north of the campus. We arrived after 10pm and not only did I still have a room but had been upgraded to a King size bed. The room was clean with microwave, fridge, hairdryer, etc. Breakfast was free with cereal, premade omelet, waffles, fruit...Really like the location and the price was much less than the other hotel just up the street. No pool but it did have a hot tub. Nice to have the air conditioning as it was a very warm evening, and with the air conditioning on we did not hear the freeway. Bathroom was small but had a tub/shower, so it was nice to have the sink area in the room. Room size was not huge but adequate for two. I would definitely stay here again on a trip to visit the WWU campus.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
bellinghammgmt, Manager at GuestHouse Inn Bellingham, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Hello and thanks for sharing about your stay with us! I see that you have visited some of the other hoteliers in town, and I thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am happy that you were comfy here and enjoyed your stay. It is nice that we are so close to campus! It makes it easy when moving your student or just visiting. Please do keep us in mind for your next stay! We would love to see you again.

Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Abbotsford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed here when flying out of the Bellingham airport. I was leary at first because of the close proximity to the I-5, but I requested a room on the rear side of the hotel, and did not experience any traffic noise at all! Although an older property, it is clean and well kept. The room was comfortable and very adequate. The only complaint was that my tv did not work, but I was quickly moved to a new room. The room cost was reasonable compared to some of the other hotels in Bellingham. The free breakfast was standard fare, the staff helpful and friendly. There is no pool or hot tub, but if you are looking for a reasonable overnight stay, this is the spot! Fred Meyer is walking distance across the street, and it is a short car ride a variety of stores, including Bellis Fair Mall, Costco, WalMart, KMart. They also offer 7 days free parking if you are flying out of the Bellingham airport, with free shuttle service to and from the airport. Lots of hotels in the area say they have free parking, but they charge you an inflated room rate to cover it, this place doesn't. The only down side is that the shuttle only runs 8 am to 6 pm, and I found myself having to make a costly taxi run at 6:30 am ($30 with the tip). Other than that, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Katnelsen
bellinghammgmt, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Bellingham, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us! I appreciate the kind words about the hotel and the staff and will be sure to share the compliments with the crew! I am sorry that the hot tub was not pointed out to you as we do have one on the property. Be sure to bring your suit on your next stay and we will be happy to direct you to the relaxing spa for a nice soak!

Again, thank you very much and have a great week!
San Clemente, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed two nights on a business trip. The location, while not downtown, is only 3 minutes away by car (or a 15 minute walk). The rooms were clean and fairly spacious. The rooms also included a coffee maker and mini-fridge. The free WiFi worked great - which for me is a huge plus. The front desk staff were great. The continental breakfast included make-your-own waffles!

The only complaint I can make is that while bed was incredibly comfortable, the pillows were a little lumpy. Other than that, this place is a great lodging option - especially for the value!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mattypbs
bellinghammgmt, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Bellingham, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your stay with us. I am happy your stay went well and that you enjoyed the waffles! Please do keep us in mind for your next trip to Bellingham! We would love to see you again!

Again, thank you!
Suquamish, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Clean. Right next to freeway bit noise was not an issue. Good size rooms. As this is 2014 I would expect wifi services in the room. Breakfast available but haven't tried it. Coffee maker in the room. Their wifi service is AWFUL and they know it.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
bellinghammgmt, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Bellingham, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. I apologize about your difficulties with the wifi. You will be happy to know that a new wifi system is being installed this week! We are excited about improving the guests stay whenever possible, and we are quite sure this will be a welcome upgrade! Thank you for bringing this to our attention and perhaps you will visit again and find the new system to your liking.

Thank you!
Goose Creek, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I were very impressed with the service and wonderful accommodations at the Bellingham Guest House Inn. The staff was very helpful in our plans to visit this wonderful town. In fact we loved it so much we stayed an extra day.

Room Tip: We had a very spacious King size room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank GIbill57
Thank you for such a stellar review! The crew here at the GHI work very hard and it is always appreciated when someone takes the time to share about their stay. Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you again on your next visit.

Again, Thanks so much!
Rolla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Excellent access, friendly smart staffing (thanks Sonya), clean, bright and a great price. I looked at several places to stay in Bellingham and this is a terrific value. Location is central to Bellingham and you can be on I5 in less than a minute.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the "quiet side" This hotel is very close to US Hwy I 5.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Sharon S
Hello and thank you for the great review! I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and that you took the time to leave a great review. Thank you again and please keep us in mind for your next visit to Bellingham. We look forward to seeing you again!

Regards,
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This Memorial Day weekend (2014) our family and friends stayed here for our son's wedding.
It's easily found off I-5, on Lakeway Drive. Breakfast was included: the usual bagels, muffins,
cereal, and you can also make your own waffle. The rooms were very clean and comfortable.
The only possible problem is if you are on the I-5 side, you do hear the traffic, but we kept the
AC fan on and that hid the noise. Staff was friendly and helpful. A very good budget
accommodation.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the freeway is noise bothers you
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank pdxlady52024
bellinghammgmt, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Bellingham, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I am happy that the crew was able to provide you with a clean and comfy stay while in Bellingham. Please do visit us again when you are in the area!

Thank you!