“this is a nice place for breakfast”

Little Cheerful Cafe
Ranked #109 of 451 Restaurants in Bellingham
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 11, 2012

the food is great, and it is, indeed very cheerful

There are newer reviews for Little Cheerful Cafe

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Service is great and the place is always packed. The food is worth the wait.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Great prices, great food, huge portions. Very popular be prepared to wait for a table

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I wish I could give the Little Cheerful a better review... but I think they should up their game a bit... the wait staff look totally bored serving you and c'mon hash browns should look like that!

1  Thank Pat G
Reviewed September 13, 2011

After seeing this restaurant featured on the Food Network's Diner's, Drive-in's and Dive's, we were especially eager to try it out. We travel from Alaska to Arizona twice a year and go through Bellingham. This month was the first chance we had to try it out.

The restaurant is quite small, the tables are packed together so that you feel like you're eating with the people next to you. It appears fairly cluttered and in need of some cleaning up. But the most interesting thing we found after looking very closely was, there is not one indication that Guy Fierie and the Triple D crew had been there.

We've tried many Triple D locations and we've so far always seen either his autographed picture or some sort of pictures indicating they'd been showcased on the Food Network Channels, Triple D.

Not Little Cheerful. I remember watching the show and thinking this would definitely be someplace to try. Our food did come quickly, but then there were no orders before us. We could see the cooks and who had ordered. The food was average at best. My husband's cheese omelet was extremely runny and undercooked. . There was more than an average amount of grease on the plate.

This restaurant is not one that I would go out of my way to return. It's probably fine for the locals that can walk there, as it is in the downtown business district and parking is not that easy. I would say that the meal was no better than what we've eaten at I-Hop or Denny's.

I'm just sorry that a business that was supported by it's customers to a National Television Network, was so unappreciative as to not show any signs of that exposure.