“Bed and breakfast feel, at a hotel price”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Bellingham, Washington
“Bed and breakfast feel, at a hotel price”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The staff at this Marriot was exseptional,my stay was longer then expected but was so enjoyable.
My morning was started with Jeremy the food and beverage supervisor " Good Morning beautiful " his smile, kind words made my day start with a smile he was sweet to this little old lady. Daniel and Austin, making sure I had everything I needed to enjoy my meals even taking the time to have a little chit chat.
I returned each night for a week, and Lauren and Mathew had my menu waiting so I could enjoy my meal while My staff and I had drinks watching the Mariners open season game.
I reccomend staying here and enjoy this Marriott family.
I also would love to mention this silent employee that was making sure this place stayed clean, forgive me I didn't get his name, but I noticed him and thank you.
Marriott this staff is the heart and soul of this location,I received exceptional customer service. I have to come out this way in two weeks and this will be my new home away from home.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank LDunham
Keith C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
It's such a delight to see how so many of our Team made such an impact on your stay. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I will be sure to thank each of the Team Members you mentioned. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Washougal, Washington
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Our family of four stayed here for 2 nights recently during a visit to WWU’s campus. We stayed in a 2 queen bed suite. The room was spacious and it was nice to have a toilet and sink in a completely separate room from the tub/shower and 2nd sink. We also liked having an in-room small refrigerator and microwave.
The hotel appeared to be full during our stay, and the breakfast area was very busy, but the staff did an excellent job of keeping everything topped off. (We’ve stayed in other similar hotels where we’ve had to wait long periods of time for something to be refilled.) Jeremy, in particular, kept an eye on things and was very helpful. There was a fairly good variety of breakfast foods offered– fresh fruit, yogurt, dry cereal, milk, oatmeal, hard-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs with salsa and cheese, bacon, waffles one morning, bagels, toast, muffins, juice, and coffee.
The fitness room equipment was of high quality and in good working order, and the pool and hot tub looked nice, though we didn’t have time to enjoy them. If you are shy about walking through a crowd to get to the pool or fitness room area, you can take a staircase at that end of the building and avoid walking through the lobby.
The location is handy to the freeway, several restaurants, and Belfair mall, but it’s not exactly picturesque. I would definitely recommend this hotel for families and business travelers.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Keith C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Good Morning and thank you for sharing your experience with us - we are certainly delighted you had such a great stay. I'm so happy to read your feedback on our breakfast- and Jeremy - in particular. We are very lucky to have him on the team!
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The rooms are very spacious and clean. I liked the idea of having the toilet separate from the shower, but the the bathroom was located right by the bed. The sliding glass doors are a cool modern touch, but the see through glass on the bathroom doors doesn't offer much privacy. The hotel staff were very informative and friendly. The breakfast was okay- typical breakfast food.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Beth B
Thank you Beth for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I initially planned on staying just one night in Bellingham while applying for a job in the area. Checking in after a long day of travel was so easy and we were immediately impressed with how clean the hotel was. Our room was amazing! The next morning during breakfast (which was great too), a woman at the table next to us left her cell phone. One of the employees, Jeremy R., who had already been incredibly friendly and helpful, cleaning up the breakfast area and asking if he could get us anything else, all while going above and beyond to pick up peoples' plates, noticed the left behind cell phone. He politely asked us if we knew whose it was, and then took it to the front desk to make sure it got back to the rightful owner. The woman later came back to pick it up and was so happy someone had taken it to the front counter. We were very impressed by the way this employee handled the situation, as it would have been easy for him to just ignore it. Later on, Jeremy also noticed us sitting in the lobby and came by asking us if he could bring us any water. His cheerfulness and helpfulness was really above and beyond anything we had experienced from a hotel employee before. He is incredibly good at what he does, and we definitely hope he's working again when we return! He and Megan at the front desk were so helpful in answering questions about Bellingham and recommending activities and places to eat in the city. The hotel may be brand new, but its' employees are NOT new to customer service. They helped us in booking another night when we wanted to extend our stay, and were very accommodating and patient. I HIGHLY recommend staying at this Marriott while in Bellingham, and feel confident you would experience incredible customer service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you Katie for selecting our hotel and for taking time to share your experience. Jeremy is certainly a wonderful example of the level of service we strive to ensure every guests experiences during their stay. I will definitely pass on your praise and thank you again. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in Bellingham for a one night's stay and had a great experience at this hotel. Not being from here or knowing the area, I cannot comment on location. But I can say that the gals at the front desk were super nice and friendly. Check in was easy and the chupa chup suckers were a fun touch. The one gal that helped us the most, (dark hair and glasses) offered us a free shuttle downtown if we wanted, secured parking, enrolled me in a rewards program, and helped me with a late night milk need for my kids and was just very good at her job. The rooms were large and had an interesting double split bathroom. Toilet and sink in one, shower and sink in another. Sounds odd eh?, sounds good when you have four people. Beds were comfortable also. Pool was nice, kids had fun. Breakfast was crowded and needed one more person helping the guy trying to replenish and clean tables. My only suggestion is to get rid of syrup with Splenda, not good. Otherwise it was a pleasurable stay and will make me look into this chain for future needs.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to share your experience, Granolamama! I'm so happy to hear your service experience was so favorable and I will share your comments with Juliann at the front desk. Thank you again. I'm so happy your family enjoyed their SpringHill experience!
Silverdale, Wa
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We have stayed at many different hotels in Bellingham with Canadian relatives and a student at WWU we pass through quite often. I was excited to try the new Marriott. The hotel staff were fabulous and friendly. Our room was large, fabulously clean and the beds were fairly comfortable (I am very picky with mattresses and I found the beds ok but not great although the linens were very nice). In all fairness my one and only complaint has nothing to do with the people at this hotel and cannot be "fixed" but I would have liked to know the layout beforehand so... the one feature that will keep me from returning but which may not bother everyone. The bathrooms are odd. The toilet area is separate from the vanity/shower area which is not a bad thing but the doors that they have decided to use for these rooms are sliders with a frosted type glass (not wood). They do not lock and they have a gap at one side which you can actually see through if you try while you are in the bathroom (this was pointed out to me by my children) and they are NOT soundproof in the least. So suffice it to say that anything that happens in the bathroom is quite audible to everyone else in the room. The fans in the two bathroom areas are not very effective and since we were travelling with kids the bathroom was used quite a bit. The other issue is that the bathroom is located directly at the foot of the bed right next to the T.V. To me this was all so odd and not sure why the room was designed this way.
All in all, the hotel has much going for it but it won't be my first choice when we return to Bellingham.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
I'm always delighted to see such a great response and thank you for sharing! From what you describe, it seems there may be an issue with the bathroom door not closing and/or perhaps a fan that's not doing its job. If you wouldn't mind providing me with your information directly (keith.coleman@marriott.com) I will personally inspect your room and ensure everything is working as it should. Thank you again for taking time to share your experience. We hope to welcome you back!
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I have never had a cook and bartender who could work and keep the food coming out as fast as they have. Great food that will amaze your taste buds like no other. You must go see Matthew and Christel.that are out of this world.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Naturally we are partial to our stellar staff and I'm so happy to read such a great response on the kitchen and bartender, Christel and Matthew specifically. Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience with us!! We do have some exciting menu changes coming soon to the Chuckanut Lobby Bar, so hopefully you can enjoy again on your next visit!