“Had such a great time we needed a second round”
Review of Dirty Dan Harris'

Dirty Dan Harris'
Ranked #64 of 452 Restaurants in Bellingham
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had heard about DDH from a friend who could not remember the name, all he remembered was the brick walls, high ceilings and the lovely host that made sure that her patrons were all taken care of. We decided to try and find it and when we did we were not disappointed, the ambiance and service made us come back the next night to try more of their menu. Food was good.

There are newer reviews for Dirty Dan Harris'

Reviewed May 10, 2013

My friend who just turned 100 years young was treated to a pre and a post birthday dinner there. She was treated like a queen! A very memorable experience for all of us. Great food, very good service, intimate setting.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Overall the building looks great and is inviting and the reception we received when we entered was good and the service was certainly adequate.

The issue was although ambience was fine the food was less than adequate I had the lobster macaroni and my wife had the tenderloin tips meatloaf.

My meal was dry and un-edible and the meatloaf tasted like it had been dragged around the floor of the kitchen, i thought it had a funny taste, my wife thought it was the spices.

My wife was sick from 7:00 am Sunday until late on Sunday evening, she was sick to her stomach several times throughout the day.

I think you might be ok if you went with a full steak as opposed to meat ends. We will not go back. (we drank only water with dinner)

4  Thank AgassizBoy
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Looking at colleges in Washington state, someone told us that the local Indian casino had the best steaks at low prices, so we ventured off. After pushing through the smoke-filled game room, we found thirty rowdy people at a long table in the dining room, and a menu offering steaks from thirty to fifty dollars. Then Willie recalled seeing Dirty Dan's earlier, and we escaped the overpriced casino.

A very gracious hostess seated us at Dan's, and, when I asked about wines, she suggested two. She brought a sample glass of each - try the Zin. Willie said his New York steak was perfectly medium rare, My penne tutto mare was very tasty, as well. Our thoughtful hostess brought Willie a copy of the campus newspaper because we had mentioned we were visiting Western Washington U. the next day. Soothing background music, low lights, perfect steakhouse.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I loved this restaurant! I wanted to visit here on one of my past visits but never made it. I made sure to visit this time, and I am glad I did. This restaurant is located in the Historic Fairhaven District, and a wonderful place to explore. The food was excellent and the staff was wonderful. I will definitely go back.