“Worth getting up early for breakfast!”
Review of Old Town Cafe

Old Town Cafe
Ranked #35 of 457 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is definitely a busy, busy spot! Tried to have breakfast Saturday morning....too long a wait, so got up earlier on Sunday morning. Still a wait, but much shorter, especially if you choose to sit at a "community table". All items are organic and the portions are generous. Hence, the popularity with the college students. The wait staff keep the coffee cup topped off! I liked the "home" potatoes and the jams on the table.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Old Town Cafe is a place we return to with friends each time we visit Bellingham. Nothing fancy about it, just a place where people come. Always busy in the mornings. Good classic breakfasts, with great oatmeal, pancakes, eggs Benedict on an english muffin, great fried potatoes. Organic mostly. A little view of the water, but mostly the train tracks and the old GP site. Service is good & friendly.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I know a lot more people would go here if they finally get good hashbrowns/breakfast potatoes!! But I guess then the line would be too long. The scene is cool, very B-ham.

(Why does TA rating for from "average" to "very good"--that's quite a leap.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I'm not normally a breakfast person, but Old Town Cafe is a nice treat once in a while. The food and coffee are excellent, and the service is genuinely friendly. Great all around.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Lot's of healthy, organic options on this menu, and the food is reasonably priced. I had the jalapeno tuna melt, which was delicious, but the breakfast menu (served all day) has the most options. The waitress was prompt and friendly, but then disappeared for 45 minutes. I refilled our water glasses from the serving station, while my mom walked up the block to feed our meter. When our food finally came, our toasted sandwiches were cold. If it hadn't been for that, the food would have been great. We were there over the noon hour, but the restaurant didn't look that busy. I've given this a 4/5 because the food quality and price were great--it's really just the service that was bad.