“Local, Local, local”

Ranked #139 of 446 Restaurants in Bellingham
Bellingham, Washington
“Local, Local, local”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

this is where the kids and I go for a great breakfast. Fun to run into friends and family. Bring your appetite because its big great food!

Visited March 2013

“AFP= Awfully Foul Potatoes”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Was so excited to FINALLY find a good breakfast in Bham, just not here. Waited 40 min for a table, hoping it would be worth the wait. The waitress was nice but a little ditzy & rushed. Coffee was horribly bitter and took another 40min to get our food. Had the smoked salmon Benedict, which was good but the AFP, as they PROUDLY call them, were the worst thing we've ever seen done to potatoes. We LOVE fried potatoes but took only 1 or 2 bites of these & left the rest on the plate -- half of the overly- priced meal! So disappointed. Won't be going back.

2 Thank chelsneto
lummi isalnd, WA.
“kick back american food”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been an avid luncheoneer at DJ's for over five years. I followed them to their new location in the fountain district of Bellingham. It is simply a warm, well managed, comfortable but not splashy local eatery that serves up a entertaining range of breakfast plates that I find fresh and yummie. The friendly atmoshere and coffee just keeps coming. If you want a hot breakfast (or lunch now, since they started to serve lunch as well.), and a place to spend time and chat while enjoying good ole american food i recommend you join in. I always seem to be asking for substiutes and do you I can't think of the last time I got hassled about it. Cottage instead of fries?, "No problem!"(No extra charge that I recall). They're always busy, but I've never had to wait for more than 5 minutes . Good, wholesome eats and a smile. I'll be the guy having Eggs scramble with Feta and Spinach, with a side order of cottage cheese and tomato slices. Hold the American fries this time (since I can sneak a fork full from my pal Ben's plate). Booths and tables--use the booths for quiet space.

• Visited December 2012
Mount Vernon, Washington
“Not worth the hype”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had several friends recommend this place for breakfast, so my wife and I decided to give it a try. I liked the decor. It reminded me of a fifties restaurant and the place was spotless . . . good start. My breakfast tastes are simple . . . eggs, hash browns, toast and sometimes link sausage. They don't have hash browns but AFP (American fried potatoes) instead and a pancake in place of toast. I asked if I could substitute toast for the pancake and was told I could. The waitress was friendly, efficient and attentive. The coffee was good. As for the AFP, when you cube potatoes that small and fry them they get dry and hard which they were. The link sausage was no more than a brown-n-serve. The real surprise came when the check arrived. I was charged extra for the toast substitute. That was a first for me and the last time I'll eat here.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Fisheggs44
Bellingham, Washington, United States
“Best Breakfast”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is the best breakfast place in town, get there early or stand in line. The menu is huge with lots of variety. When we last ate there is was for lunch on a weekday. No crowd and I had a great corned beef melt sandwich. They make their own corned beef from scratch. Will go back again and again.

Visited August 2012