“Happy hour is great value”
Review of The Loft

The Loft
Ranked #90 of 461 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Wine and beer at $3 a time. Great service. Helpful suggestions for wine and food. Salmon cakes were very good. Only planned on a quick slurp but got coerced into another round. It was a great way to round off a day on the bay.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a great lunch at The Loft. Service was very good and the Ahi tuna salad was really good.
This is a laid back, relaxing kind of place. You can enjoy the view, enjoy the food and take your time. No rush.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I really, really, wanted to love this new restaurant. The location is the best, right on the water, overlooking the Marina, with new and improved outside dining. I also like the new interior decor, minimalist and smartly casual, but.... Somebody needs to tell the wait staff that coming to your table every 5 minutes and asking how everything is, is VERY annoying. If I wanted something, or if something was not okay, I would call them over. My partner had no sooner finished eating, barely had put down his fork when she whisked his plate away - I was still eating! But the biggest disappointment is the food. I was very surprised on both occasions (I did gave it two tries) that our orders were delivered not more than 5 minutes after we ordered. I guess that should have been a clue as to how it was prepared. Calamari that was tasteless and so tough I could hardly chew it. Fries that were limp, not to mention not crispy! and fish that was so heavily breaded that it was almost inedible. My partner had to take off all the breading and then was left with bland, icky fish.

It has only been open a few months, so I am hoping they can work out the wrinkles, maybe tell their wait staff to back off a bit and hire a new chef.

5  Thank foisgrappa