“Fun with Food”

Dining options: Reservations
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Fun with Food”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The actual spelling of this restaurant is Kyoto, but that's tripadvisor's fault. We were a large group and called ahead to reserve. We were assured we would have enough space. Sadly when we got there, we were jammed into a corner so one of us had to eat off the corner of a table. The prices seemed high, but I told myself there would be a typical Japanese cooking show and ordered the Teriyaki Steak. We also had a couple Sushi Rolls and Fried Rice. Others ordered the combinations (including the $37.95 Ninja Special).
I have to say our Vietnamese chef was an amusing guy and we had heaps of laughs at his antics. Don't think he won't throw food at you, he will. He concluded with a bit of a fire show and we called for the bill. SURPRISE! There was an automatic 18% tip included. I'd say it is worth trying once for the experience, but I won't be back.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank davidasia

Spokane, Washington
“Sorely Disappointed”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

After reading all of the awesome reviews and looking at their menu online we were really excited to go and try their food. It was an awful idea. My dad took one bite of his yakisoba (a normally easy to prepare and awesome dish) and pushed it aside. There was a horrible sauce that tasted like nothing but salt on it. The refunded it but it was still a horrible experience. My boyfriend ordered the same thing and complained about a weird feeling in his mouth. My mom order general tsos chicken and said she felt it was probably microwaved. My sushi was just average. I don't think that I'll give this restaurant another try.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank CrystalDBrooks12
Bellingham, WA
“Dinner & a show!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Well, actually, it wasn't dinner, but lunch - but we still got the 'show'.
The table, which seats about 8 people, has the grill in the center, and the cook/chef comes out with your order and does his fancy show with all the cutlery while preparing your food. Very entertaining!

The food was excellent, and although somewhat on the pricey side, was still a good quantity - not too little, and not too much. We didn't leave hungry, but we weren't so stuffed that you had to roll us out of the restaurant :-)

A great experience, and we were happy with the meal & the service.

• Visited September 2013
Bozeman, Montana
“A great find”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Traveling through Bellingham a stumbled upon this place. Time for dinner and was not disappointed. Great food and a good show at the same time. Had better fried rice but theirs was not bad. I will eat there again next time in Bellingham.

• Visited July 2013
bellingham
“Fun, fun”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I really like Kyoto. The food is good, it's entertaining and its great to meet new people at the communal table. Our family enjoys going here because we can all be seated at one table and enjoy the show and each other.

Visited July 2013