“Past=Great but Current=So So”
Review of El Rinconcito

El Rinconcito
Ranked #212 of 451 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We have been going to El Rinconcito for years and it was the best in Bellingham. Things seemed to have changed since our last visit. We ordered Chicken Deluxe Tostada's and have been consistently happy until this trip. 1st they charged us $1.25 for Pico De Gallo which has never happened in the past. 2nd the chicken on the tostado causes you to say "Where's the chicken?" 3rd Lack of beans, tomatoes, onions, etc. but great amount of lettuce. Service not great but at a very slow time of 3PM . Louis we miss you and your sister but we need you back at this location to screen your staff and service. Miss YOU!

There are newer reviews for El Rinconcito

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We got food to go, so can't comment on hospitality or service. Other than that the food was ready for us when we arrived. We got the chicken mole and a beef burrito. They included warm chips with two small containers of salsa. The chips were great - warm and thin with a little bit of salt. I found the salsa too bland and thin - mostly liquid with very little bits of onion. We split both meals and we agreed that both were way too bland. We used up most of the salsa but even that didn't improve the meals much. If you don't like any heat to your meal you may like this place just fine. The chicken was very tender, the portions plentiful, and the presentation fine. Just not enough flavor or heat.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Over the years, our family has enjoyed El Rinconcito's good, Mexican food again and again. However, what is truly remarkable about El Rinconcito is their unfailing, relaxed and welcoming hospitality. You get a sense that they really are glad to see and serve YOU. The atmosphere has a calm quality, as well.

2  Thank Kat4848
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I sought this little place out because I had a discount coupon from restaurant.com. I love Mexican food and love to compare different establishments. This place is located in a small strip mall on the corner of Alabama & Yew streets. I was greeted nicely and the usual chips and salsa was served prior to ordering food. The menu is extensive and prices reasonable. I ordered the pollo chipote, which was fabulous. The portion size was large. The waitress, Lupita, was very nice. Frequently she checked on us as we stayed visiting for several hours. I felt really good there and I think you should give this place a try.

1  Thank Acmeflower
Reviewed January 26, 2013

LOVE LOVE LOVE this place. It had been about a year since I had been in there and they remembered me and made me feel so welcome! Their chicken chimichanga is the BEST!