“Extensive Menu, Delicious Sushi Rolls” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
washington state
“Extensive Menu, Delicious Sushi Rolls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've noticed this little Japanese restaurant in Barkley Village a few times but had not eaten there until this past Thursday night. We had a difficult time deciding what to eat. We decided to pick two rolls and share them - thought it would be a good "test" to see if the food is worth coming back for. We told the waitress which rolls we had chosen and she suggested another roll which we ended up ordering in place of one of our first choices. I wish I could remember the name of the roll the waitress suggested because it was excellent. It had salmon, imitation crab, and some kind of sauce on top. The other roll was the Ruby Roll, which seems to be a favorite of other reviewers too. It, too, was excellent. We also had miso soup which was good but only had one tiny piece of tofu - the broth was nice though. We intend to go back here again to try other dishes. The only reason I did not mark this as 5 stars is the the waitress, who was wonderful as far as being patient and helpful with us "newby's", never offered more water even though my water was almost gone when she stopped at our table - twice.

• Visited March 2013

“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I came here because someone just posted that it's conveyor belt sushi. It's not. It's not AT ALL.

I happened to land on $1 sushi night, which is as basic sushi as you can get. The rolls we DID order were very large and the service was amazing - a truly friendly place to eat.
Best sushi around? I don't think so. I'll stick with my usual place because my bill for this night was twice as much as usual, even with $1 sushi rolls.
I'm not saying don't eat here, I'm just saying it's not belt sushi and it's not cheap.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Seattle, WA
“Tremendous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Great fresh sushi, prepared expertly. The miso soup is tasty, the rice is soft, and the fish isn't so cold that you can't taste it. Very well done.

Bellingham, Washington
“Great conveyer belt sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

This place doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside the food and friendly service are a pleasant surprise. The prices are reasonable and the sushi is really good. You can order off the menu but it's more fun to choose from the conveyor belt sushi. There are lots of selections to choose from. I will definitely go back here. I think it is the best sushi in Bellingham by far!

3 Thank Melissa K
Bellingham, Washington
“Really good, fast, served fresh and hot, would go here again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I wasn't expecting so good a dinner, it was served hot, it was bigger portions than I thought it would be, fresher ingredients than expected, tasty as hell, I would eat here again in a heartbeat.Prices actually not that bad considering the dinner I had was pretty awesome.

• Visited December 2011