“Excellent Food - large portions”
Review of El Gitano

El Gitano
Ranked #46 of 451 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My wife and I stopped in for a quick lunch last Saturday. The service was excellent as we were seated immediately with chips and salsa to start. The menu is very extensive with so many great choices. The food was excellent and the servings were so large we had to take half of it home. Prices are reasonable - so if you like Mexican food - this is the place to eat!!
We will be back.

There are newer reviews for El Gitano

Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Sit in the bar! Always so much fun with fabulous margaritas and great service. The fajita burrito is my favorite! Plenty to save for lunch the next day! Victoria is the best!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I live in Bellingham and everyone I know will recomend this place to visitors. The locals love it. Having spent 40 years in California, I know Mexican food. This place wouldn't last 3 weeks in So. Cal. Go to El Riconcito instead.

2  Thank Thomas P
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Very nice decor, fast service, excellent menu, with great lunch specials that do not sacrifice taste or presentation for speed. Delicious complimentary salsa and warm chips offered with the menu.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I wish there were an El Gitano near my home, because they have the best Mexican food I've had in Washington. I love their crab and shrimp tostada...so fresh and delicious. If you're a seafood lover I highly recommend you try it.