“Best Mexican in Bellingham......”
Review of El Gitano

El Gitano
Ranked #59 of 446 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Bellingham, Washington
“Best Mexican in Bellingham......”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We have been eating at all the El Gitano resaturants for more than a decade (there are others in Mt Vernon area) and it is our favorite Mexican. They have all the standard selections, but our #1 choice is the pork burrito with mild green sauce. Portions are huge and service always excellant. You can't go wrong haing dinner or lunch here.

• Visited June 2011

Bellingham, WA
“Found by trial and error”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I've lived in Bellingham for 9 yrs, and have tried seven Mexican food restaurants. This is the one that we end up going back to. The food is better than the others, has great taste, and especially if you order off the lunch menu, is a great value. One of the Mex restaurants had the smell of rancid grease when we walked in, we made the mistake of staying, and paid the price with another South of the border malady. If you are looking for good Mexican food, cheerful service, and don't want to spend a lot, you should give it a try.

• Visited June 2011
5 Thank 82nd_Airborne
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Macho burrito pollo... had the most chk breast chuncks I have ever had in a burrito...”
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Got an order to go... el seniorita was as perky and happy as can be. The quac was perfect as was the salsa... as a driver I visit lots of restaurants... in lots of states... the macho had so much pollo I couldn't finish it without a break. Well done el gitano

1 Thank stylist48
blaine,wa
“Best Mexican Food in Whatcom County! PERIOD!”
Reviewed March 27, 2011

OK, So I cannot see how anyone would say anything bad about the food at El Gitano. I have been going here once a month for the past 6 years! The food has always been fresh. I've never been disappointed by anything I've tried on the menu. The service is the fastest I've ever seen. Plus they've had the same servers forever. That itself says a lot about the company. It's American Mexican food. If your looking for authentic go to Mexico! Just a few of my favorites are: the quesadilla, carne asada (flank steak), steak nachos and tacos al carbon or chicken. Give this place a chance. There is a reason they are always packed and taking to go orders.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank borderchickoc10
Blaine, Washington
“Avoid - food not fresh!”
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We've visited this restaurant several times over the past year with positive experiences. During our recent visit the crab tostada was not fresh, lettuce old; my husband's food was poorly seasoned. We both developed cramps during the night from the food and will not return again. The restuarant was busy; the service was adequate but not friendly.

Apparently there has been a change in managment, cook or ?

• Visited December 2010