“Small but Entertaining Area”

Fairhaven Historic District
Ranked #2 of 83 things to do in Bellingham
More attraction details
Owner description: The Historic Fairhaven District is a quaint, charming community full of boutiques, shops, spas and restaurants. It's located in Bellingham, WA on the south side of town, north of Seattle and south of Vancouver, BC. It's surrounded by miles of hiking and biking trails with beautiful views of the bay. It has a little of everything for the entire family. It's great for a day trip or a long relaxing weekend!
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Cute area with some very good pubs, restaurants and shops. I wish I had had more time to shop; I saw some enticing hand-crafted jewelry stores. Village Books is a great bookstore! Great area to start a short stroll to Boulevard park.

There are newer reviews for Fairhaven Historic District

Reviewed August 11, 2014

I was driving from north of Vancouver, BC, to Seatac and after sitting at the border crossing for a while, I just wanted to get out of the car and stretch my legs a bit. I saw the sign for the Fairhaven Historic District and took the exit. I will admit that other than getting some gelato, I did not stop in any of the shops or restaurants, but it was a lovely place to walk. The homes there are beautiful, most are Victorian style, and some have breathtaking yards with gorgeous flowers. I also walked down to the Fairhaven Cruise Terminal for beautiful views of the water and the ship heading to Alaska. There appeared to be a wide variety of restaurants in the area, something to satisfy everyone. As for me, I was content with my walk that was longer than I had planned--6 miles! I was very much enjoying looking at the beautiful homes.

2  Thank lyrix428
Reviewed August 6, 2014

we thoroughly enjoyed the antique shops and reminisced about the olden times. The art work through out the district was enjoyable and the "feel" of being in an old fashioned town made for a great afternoon

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I live about 5 miles away from Fairhaven so i go there a lot. It is a great place to shop, eat or dine. Almost all of the buildings are the original 1860-1910 architecture and are very beautiful. Fairhaven is a great little place to find so many wonders!!!

1  Thank LollipopDaisy
Reviewed August 5, 2014

But you do learn about the area's past through the signs and buildings, local lore on gold rush and pioneering days. Set near the water, it is a charming spot for boutique shopping as well as finding sports equipment for running, biking, skiing, boarding, etc. Great place for lunch! There are several cafes with lots of creative flare in soups, salads, and sandwiches. Veggie lovers would swoon!

1  Thank Ellie D