“Great happy hour, but…..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Keenan's at the Pier

Keenan's at the Pier
Ranked #10 of 429 Restaurants in Bellingham
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bellingham, Washington
“Great happy hour, but…..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Terrific view, and the best happy hour food in Bellingham. Too bad cocktails are not included for happy hour pricing. We love coming here, alas, the bar area is just too small. On a visit the other night, we saw at least a dozen people turned away in less than one hour. The lounge area on the other side of the bar area is a waste of space, not at all conducive for a drink and appetizer. We hope the owners of the Chrysalis will consider capitalizing on the great food and atmosphere at Kennan's, by expanding the bar and restaurant area.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Rick L

Edmonds, Washington
“Great view and best waitress ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had dinner at the resturant on Oct 15th. Great service from our very friendly waitress. The food was very good, although my soup was a bit salty. I just mentioned that fact and there was no charge on the bill for the soup. Of course I did finish the whole bowl, so that was a very gracious gesture on their part. My husband had the very exciting pork chop, which he said was great.
I had the Thai stew, and that was really yummy. They, do a wonderful job of going out of their way to provide excellent service. I went back the next day to seek some lost glasses, and they looked everywhere for them. Someone has set pretty high standards for this venue.

Visited October 2013
Lynden, Washington
“Interesting and tasty, but pricy and slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The menu was interesting and the food tasted great, but we arrived after 1:30 for a late lunch and the food service was very...very slow. We were greeted fairly promptly and our order was taken, but after a considerable wait I was surprised that our main course was served and our appetizer had been forgotten about. Not sure whether the kitchen or the waitress was responsible. She was friendly and they did deduct some off the bill for the forgotten appetizer. We may try it again some time, but the experience was not particularly great for an "upscale priced" restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Peoria, Arizona
“Lovely View Fare Cuisine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The view was lovely, as was the atmosphere even though it was a bit loud. The food however was only fare. I ordered the Salmon, which was to be grilled on a bed of spinach with roasted tomatoes. The entire dish was over seasoned, especially with the cracked black pepper which overpowered the taste of the food itself. My companions ordered the Scallops which looked amazing and must have been good since they both cleaned their plates. One of my dinner partners also ordered the peach tart for dessert and it as well looked delicious. You should try it for yourself. If you like highly seasoned foods this might be just the place for you.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank KRMRDH
Blaine, Washington
“Great View, Food, and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

A friend and I went here for my birthday brunch and were very pleased with the whole experience. We both had a basic breakfast with eggs and bacon (nice and thick) and lattes. Our waitress was perfectly attentive, checking soon after we started our meal to make sure everything was satisfactory. It's the view at Keenan's that sets it apart and I can't wait to go back for dinner! PS I've heard their eggs benedict is awesome.

• Visited September 2013