“Interesting and tasty, but pricy and slow”

Keenan's at the Pier
Ranked #14 of 444 Restaurants in Bellingham
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Lynden, Washington
“Interesting and tasty, but pricy and slow”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The menu was interesting and the food tasted great, but we arrived after 1:30 for a late lunch and the food service was very...very slow. We were greeted fairly promptly and our order was taken, but after a considerable wait I was surprised that our main course was served and our appetizer had been forgotten about. Not sure whether the kitchen or the waitress was responsible. She was friendly and they did deduct some off the bill for the forgotten appetizer. We may try it again some time, but the experience was not particularly great for an "upscale priced" restaurant.

• Visited October 2013

Peoria, Arizona
“Lovely View Fare Cuisine”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The view was lovely, as was the atmosphere even though it was a bit loud. The food however was only fare. I ordered the Salmon, which was to be grilled on a bed of spinach with roasted tomatoes. The entire dish was over seasoned, especially with the cracked black pepper which overpowered the taste of the food itself. My companions ordered the Scallops which looked amazing and must have been good since they both cleaned their plates. One of my dinner partners also ordered the peach tart for dessert and it as well looked delicious. You should try it for yourself. If you like highly seasoned foods this might be just the place for you.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank KRMRDH
Blaine, Washington
“Great View, Food, and Service”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

A friend and I went here for my birthday brunch and were very pleased with the whole experience. We both had a basic breakfast with eggs and bacon (nice and thick) and lattes. Our waitress was perfectly attentive, checking soon after we started our meal to make sure everything was satisfactory. It's the view at Keenan's that sets it apart and I can't wait to go back for dinner! PS I've heard their eggs benedict is awesome.

• Visited September 2013
Bellingham, Washington
“Great drinks”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great Drinks and a nice happy hour menu too. Very creative mixology and appetizers. The dinner menu was very good too.

Visited July 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Best meal of our vacation!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had a romantic dinner watching sunset over Bellingham bay. Delicious drinks and fresh fish. Everything was prepared and seasoned perfectly! One of the best places I have eaten in a while and I live in Portland so the bar is set pretty high.

Visited September 2013