“Great View, Food, and Service”

Keenan's at the Pier
Ranked #15 of 457 Restaurants in Bellingham
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

A friend and I went here for my birthday brunch and were very pleased with the whole experience. We both had a basic breakfast with eggs and bacon (nice and thick) and lattes. Our waitress was perfectly attentive, checking soon after we started our meal to make sure everything was satisfactory. It's the view at Keenan's that sets it apart and I can't wait to go back for dinner! PS I've heard their eggs benedict is awesome.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great Drinks and a nice happy hour menu too. Very creative mixology and appetizers. The dinner menu was very good too.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had a romantic dinner watching sunset over Bellingham bay. Delicious drinks and fresh fish. Everything was prepared and seasoned perfectly! One of the best places I have eaten in a while and I live in Portland so the bar is set pretty high.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This restaurant has been transformed from a stodgy affair to a very fun place.

The views are spectacular, excellent service, delectable food.

The lamb sliders are fabulous as are the truffle french fries. Other wonderful pupus
include the BBQ pork carnitas and the hummus.

Kammie the bartender makes Happy Hour at Keenan's the best in Bellingham.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

About a year ago now they redid the decor and menu and brought in new staff. It's transformed this place from average to excellent, and really it's now one of the best places to eat in Bellingham.

So many restuarants have a great view and very average food. The view is fantastic, and for once the food quality actually matches the natural beauty of Bellingham Bay and the San Juan islands. And they have several nice touches like loaner sunglasses for a sunny day and shawls to put over your shoulders once the sun goes down (this is Bellingham, after all, so the temperature drops 10-15 degrees as soon as the sun sets).

My wife and I went here for a 'date night', and really enjoyed ourselves. Appetizers and dinner were great. Things dropped off a little with desert: slow in coming and not spectacular. But we still came away very happy.

Been to Keenan's at the Pier? Share your experiences!