“Best meal of our vacation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Keenan's at the Pier

Keenan's at the Pier
Ranked #12 of 425 Restaurants in Bellingham
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, Oregon
“Best meal of our vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had a romantic dinner watching sunset over Bellingham bay. Delicious drinks and fresh fish. Everything was prepared and seasoned perfectly! One of the best places I have eaten in a while and I live in Portland so the bar is set pretty high.

Visited September 2013

Sarasota, FL
“Inexpensive Happy Hour with Tasty Food and Excellent Drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This restaurant has been transformed from a stodgy affair to a very fun place.

The views are spectacular, excellent service, delectable food.

The lamb sliders are fabulous as are the truffle french fries. Other wonderful pupus
include the BBQ pork carnitas and the hummus.

Kammie the bartender makes Happy Hour at Keenan's the best in Bellingham.

Bellingham, Washington
“Really improved”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

About a year ago now they redid the decor and menu and brought in new staff. It's transformed this place from average to excellent, and really it's now one of the best places to eat in Bellingham.

So many restuarants have a great view and very average food. The view is fantastic, and for once the food quality actually matches the natural beauty of Bellingham Bay and the San Juan islands. And they have several nice touches like loaner sunglasses for a sunny day and shawls to put over your shoulders once the sun goes down (this is Bellingham, after all, so the temperature drops 10-15 degrees as soon as the sun sets).

My wife and I went here for a 'date night', and really enjoyed ourselves. Appetizers and dinner were great. Things dropped off a little with desert: slow in coming and not spectacular. But we still came away very happy.

• Visited July 2013
Pennsylvania, US
“Wonderful meal and great views from outside patio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We started with the artisan bread basket which came with delicious breads and three delicious butters (my favorite was the sun-dried tomato). I had the fresh-caught blackened Lummi salmon which was absolutely delicious. The honey barbecue chicken takes a little extra time to prepare but my son judged it to be more than worth the wait. We shared a trio of delicious desserts and had cappuccinos, providing a perfect finish as the sun set over Bellingham Bay. Our server was fairly new but was learning quickly and was very polite and helpful. I highly recommend dinner at Keenan's.

Seattle
“Good food sloppy service and nasty outside”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and I were there last week. We had lunch outside, very confusing what we can and can not have. The floor was full of debris and the tables unclean.. Service was sloppy with different staff members delivering our food. The whole restaurant looked sloppy. I expected more form the reviews I have read about the Chrysalis

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Been to Keenan's at the Pier? Share your experiences!