“Hands down AMAZING rafting”
Review of Triad River Tours

and up
Upper Skagit Introductory Whitewater Rafting Trip
Ranked #1 of 18 Tours in Bellingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Triad River Tours brings a level of refinement and experience in the multi-day rafting industry to the coastal waters of Western Washington. With safety protocols originating in backcountry travel, Triad's preparation sets them apart from the norm and gives opportunities for beginners and advanced river runners to enjoy the outdoors in the North Cascades.
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Great experience with wonderful people! I seriously can't wait to go again. Luke is a great guide with years of experience and will have your back in any situation. If you want great water rafting, this is the company to go with, hands down! We were laughing and joking around the whole time while he taught us about the history of the river and the area. The white water was such a rush!!!

All reviews
"rafting trip"
in 16 reviews
"white water rafting"
in 14 reviews
"an absolute blast"
"safety video"
in 4 reviews
"knew what they were doing"
in 4 reviews
"super fun"
"safety talk"
in 5 reviews
"can't wait to go again"
"excellent equipment"
"an amazing trip"
"fun rapids"
"class rapids"

Reviewed February 10, 2014

After receiving this trip as a Groupon gift from my mother, my fiance and I ventured to the river. There was some initial confusion about scheduling, but Luke was willing to make sure we got the trip we wanted. We eventually settled on an afternoon trip for December 21st. Then, a few days before the trip, Luke called us to inform us that a photography group was also going on that trip and wanted to know if we could switch to the morning tour. In return for our rescheduling, he offered to buy us lunch! We agreed to the switch without any drama.

On the day of our trip, it was cold and snowy! In fact, the other people who had scheduled decided to cancel. It ended up being a private trip for my fiance and myself. We spent a peaceful two hours drifting down the Skagit river with our guide, Nick. He was great! He went as far as pulling the raft into a little bank and walking us to a spawning pool so we could see the salmon (and bear tracks!).

After our river float, we were given vouchers and directions to a nearby winery. Luke also informed us that our free lunch (for rescheduling) was waiting at an adorable diner nearby. He had informed the staff to cover whatever we wanted - including cookies! So after our freezing float, we got to warm up with delicious comfort food and a quiet, tasty trip to a Washington Winery.

Overall, we had an amazing day. We saw around 30+ eagles on our two hour float. We also saw beautiful snowy landscapes and had a wonderful "peace with nature" moment. I HIGHLY recommend taking a trip with Luke and his crew. They are very knowledgeable and very nice people. We can't wait to go back and white water raft with them in the summer!

P.S. If you do go in the winter, PLEASE make sure to dress for it! We had several wool/thermal layers on, rain gear, and sturdy rain boots...and we still felt the chill by the end.

1  Thank DancingDahnes
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We had a wonderful float with Triad. The owner is extremely conscientious and all the employees well trained in safety and knowledge of the river. Very accommodating of their customers.
The comedy isn't too bad either. :-)
Leslie

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

When asked by 2 of my friends what I wanted to do for my birthday, I quickly sent them a link to Triad River Tours regarding a winter river tour to see the amazing bald eagles that come to that part of the Skagit River in the winter months. I made reservations and received detailed information on directions, what to wear to prepare for our trip (warm clothing and water proof boots a must!), as well as extra tips on places to stay, etc. We arrived excited for our trip, suited up in our gear, and headed to the charming blue bus. (Ask about the story about the bus.) We were greeted by and introduced to the friendly, expert rafting staff. The owner and our guide, Luke told the group the details and it was obvious that safety was his main concern, as well as his deep respect for river and support of surrounding environment. The staff's fun personalities, love of what they do, coupled with their expert knowledge of rafting, made for a memorable trip down the river. The trip did not disappoint as the fog lifted, the laughter abundant, (Luke even had the group sing Happy Birthday to me) and the sun came through to expose the amazing eagles perched and flying about. We had such a great time and were so impressed with the Triad team, that we already have a plan in the works to return to do a white water rafting trip with them in the summer. I highly recommend this company for your next or first rafting experience.