“New Funky Breakfast and Lunch Place in Sunnyland Neighborhood”
Review of Homeskillet

Ranked #14 of 461 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We tried this place for the first time this morning at the advice of a friend after complaining aloud about our longtime "local" for breakfast disappointed us for the last time.

Located in a small, old house in a semi-industrial/residential neighborhood and painted in bright colors, the walls covered with colorful local art for sale, this place is exactly what Bellingham has needed for a long time. Its biggest issue may well be that it has such a small dining area and it is so popular, a nice problem for the proprietors but not so great for those having long waits to get a table.

I had a special of potatoes, sausage gravy, eggs and cheddar cheese. My wife had pulled pork, tater tots and eggs. Great, locally roasted coffee. They even brought us a little taste of their coffee cake while we waited. Everything was rich, flavorful and there was plenty of it!

While the service was slow, everyone in the place was having such a good time, no one seemed to care. The staff are warm and friendly. there is a real neighborhood feeling. We've been looking for a great new weekend breakfast place with terrific food for sometime now and I am very happy to report we have found it!

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Tried this new breakfast place twice despite bad first experience. Looks great and has attractive comfort-food style menu, but the taste is underwhelming and the service is terrible. I tried the Barnyard (a deluxe chicken fried steak meal), cinnamon roll french toast, and huevos rancheros. Both times I went, we were ignored by the waitstaff from the seating through the meal. The food sounded good on the menu, but was cold and greasy in reality. This is my lowest rated restaurant.

1  Thank Y2keay