“Good food but disappointing news...” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bellingham
“Good food but disappointing news...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was just here this week and we were a group of 4. The food was delicious as always. I'm writing this new review as a sort of warning. Walking into the restaurant I saw a new sign posted and it was a little angering. The sign was to the effect of, they no longer accommodate groups of 8 or more and if it's busy, tables will be limited to 6 or less. I've eaten here quite a few times and there has usually been one large group (6 or more) eating there. So, just a warning, if you have a group of people, they may choose to turn you away. Very sad.

• Visited August 2013

Bellingham, Washington
“Great Trip Down Dragon River”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Based on comments from trip advisor we ventured into Dragon River for a Bellingham Chinese dinner; well worth the trip. we arrived early, were seated by the owner, Sue, who warmed up to us quickly. We ordered 3 dishes and 1 appetizer. Cost to graze was $48. All arrived hot, fresh, well presented and taste was better then promised. The place is a bit threadbare, and we warmed up to the atmosphere realizing its frequented by friendly regulars. As mentioned by another reviewer, the Mu Er is exceptional. Chinese food is my favorite, this place just became my go to in Bellingham.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank mawaterman
Bellingham, Washington
“Just what Bellingham needed, great Chinese food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

What a gem this place is. I found this place hidden among other shops and what a great find. The food was delicious and the service was superb. We tried two different dishes, both very yummy! This town has really been lacking in good Chinese food. What we ate tasted fresh, not greasy by any means, and the portions were plenty that I was able to bring home leftovers, lucky us!!!

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Annette D
Bellingham
“Best Chinese food in Bellingham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is our go to Chinese restaurant in Bellingham. The food is fresh and delicious, the spicy chicken and stir-fried green beans are amazing! I highly recommend eating here.

• Visited March 2013
“Most authentic?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I gave this place a "Very Good" rating because I think it is the most authentic Chinese restaurant in this town and it is a little Chinese couple that runs it so I give them props. However, I guess I just dont really care for much Chinese food. Its always greasy and slimy. The hot and sour noodles were simply gross. However the wontons and the greenbean appetizer were really good so I guess you just need to order the right things.

Visited January 2013