“Great Trip Down Dragon River”
Review of Dragon River

Dragon River
Ranked #248 of 452 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Based on comments from trip advisor we ventured into Dragon River for a Bellingham Chinese dinner; well worth the trip. we arrived early, were seated by the owner, Sue, who warmed up to us quickly. We ordered 3 dishes and 1 appetizer. Cost to graze was $48. All arrived hot, fresh, well presented and taste was better then promised. The place is a bit threadbare, and we warmed up to the atmosphere realizing its frequented by friendly regulars. As mentioned by another reviewer, the Mu Er is exceptional. Chinese food is my favorite, this place just became my go to in Bellingham.

1  Thank mawaterman
There are newer reviews for Dragon River

Reviewed April 7, 2013

What a gem this place is. I found this place hidden among other shops and what a great find. The food was delicious and the service was superb. We tried two different dishes, both very yummy! This town has really been lacking in good Chinese food. What we ate tasted fresh, not greasy by any means, and the portions were plenty that I was able to bring home leftovers, lucky us!!!

3  Thank AnnetteD606
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is our go to Chinese restaurant in Bellingham. The food is fresh and delicious, the spicy chicken and stir-fried green beans are amazing! I highly recommend eating here.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I gave this place a "Very Good" rating because I think it is the most authentic Chinese restaurant in this town and it is a little Chinese couple that runs it so I give them props. However, I guess I just dont really care for much Chinese food. Its always greasy and slimy. The hot and sour noodles were simply gross. However the wontons and the greenbean appetizer were really good so I guess you just need to order the right things.

2  Thank Billy S
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Food is as good as it gets in Bellingham. Chinese has been at best lacking in B'ham until now. Dishes I've seen few other places. A couple of unusual dishes to try out so we will be back. But.... we will try and go at slower time, on a slower day when we have nowhere else to be in a hurry. The front end management is comical to be nice about it. When we were there, it was one waitress doing everything. And she was doing it very well, she was at nearly a run the entire time we were there. There was a brief cameo by a Asian woman, who soon vanished. And the decor is drab too. But I really don't care the food makes it worth while. Fix a few things and they may be one of the top few restaurants in NW WA.

1  Thank Spencer M