“You don't have to be a genius to enjoy this great museum”

Spark Museum of Electrical Invention
Ranked #8 of 83 things to do in Bellingham
More attraction details
Owner description: The Spark Museum of Electrical Invention offers an exciting and educational experience for audiences of all ages. Compelling, interactive exhibits spanning four centuries of scientific achievement and cultural heritage are featured in a world-class collection of unique objects including the giant "MegaZapper" Tesla Coil which produces nine-foot lightning bolts! The Spark Museum displays the inventions and innovations that changed the course of human history.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family and I went to visit this little museum in Bellingham and had a great time. Make sure you take time to see the electrical show with the Tesla coil. Very cool and the volunteers there are great!

1  Thank Shawna
There are newer reviews for Spark Museum of Electrical Invention

Reviewed November 23, 2012

It's fun and there are many interesting and beautiful pieces of electricity's history. We wish we could have gotten into the Faraday cage, but that only happens on weekends--so we'll have to come back.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I'm in the electrical industry, so I'm biased, but I thought this was a great attraction. The collections of old radios and TVs brought back memories of my childhood - I guess I'm getting old. Much of the museum is static displays, so it may not appeal to kids, but the volunteer docents were great at showing off the exhibits. Like any museum, there were "please don't touch" signs, but I was impressed at the number of "touching OK" displays.
I was quite taken by the gramophones and how they filled the room with sound.
Overall, a pleasant way to spend a rainy afternoon

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This museum gives visitors a chance to try old electric inventions out for themselves, hands-on, from old telephones to Morse code and theremins! It is fun to see the progression in every day communication.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is a must see. The items on display are so well preserved and displayed. Wonderful for all. Especially great if you have an older person with you or someone that knows what life was like when radio was king. Please, as a personal favor to yourself, go see it.

1  Thank Spencer M