WINNER WONDERLAND

The Archer Ale House
Ranked #40 of 432 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Established in 1992, we are an English style pub located in the historic Fairhaven district of Bellingham. We feature a rotating draught selection of import & craft beer with an extensive bottle list. We serve fresh, seasonally inspired cocktails & over 100 fine whiskeys. Our full menu includes upscale pub style food such as Shepherd's Pie & Pot Pie as well as house ground natural Painted Hills burgers, steaks, fresh fish & fresh local oysters. Our menu is made in house & features locally sourced ingredients whenever possible. We offer a weekly trivia night, steel-tip darts, local & national sporting events, brewers & distillers nights/pairing dinners & a variety of board games
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good beer selection, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

An early dinner here didn't disappoint. We had our pick of local and national/imported beers, good food to choose from, and lots of board games to keep us company. Great service, too.

Visited August 2012

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Atmosphere - High Prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I visited here one night while we were on a mini work vacation in Bellingham. I'm a beer/pub kind of guy and anytime you have to walk down an unassuming set of stairs on the sidewalk leading to an area below street level, it's generally going to be a good place. This is one of them. It has a great atmosphere and really feels like you walked into a British pub, minus the junk music they had playing there (I don't want to go to a pub and listen to mainstream pop - their major downfall here).

They had quite a few selections of beer on tap while we were there, but nothing out of the ordinary. We did eat while we were there and the food was actually very good for this kind of establishment. I had bangers and mash which were decent, and my wife had an ale steamed mussesl dish which was very good. Their service in general is slow here, but the staff is outgoing and very friendly.

Don't go here expecting the best food in the world, and be ready to fork over some money. While this is a really great place to go, and I would certainly come back in a heartbeat, the prices here are the only downfall. You can walk up the street and get some of the same beers for cheaper. All-in-all I recommend this place if you need a good beer.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank BKrunners
Arlington, Washington
“Memories Revisited”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

What fun it was to go down the stairs and step into a little history of the past. The waitresses were dressed in a way to remind one of Scotland and the isles. I ordered the shepherd's pie which was delicious. The lamb was so mild. My husband had the bangers and mash. He enjoyed his meal also. Later in the evening they brought in live music. All I could think is how fun it would have been if he had played Scottish or Irish songs to sing along.

Visited July 2012