“Divine Dinner!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Had a divine dinner at this restaurant: Halibut in phyllo on a bed of basil risotto with grilled asparagus and mushrooms. Simply fantastic! The waiter (Alex, I think) was very attentive and recommended a wine we especially enjoyed "Jack", which is a red blend - yes, we like red wine with fish. Superb. Then for dessert the apple betty. I'd highly recommend this place. To top it all off there was a glorious sunset which we enjoyed all during dinner as this place has one of the best views of the bay and boat harbor anywhere. It's carpeted and quiet so you can enjoy conversation instead of fighting to hear your dinner companions because the atmosphere is so live.

1  Thank Patricia A
HotBelle, Manager at Lighthouse Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your comments about your divine dinner! The Halibut you enjoyed is part of our Spring Specials where you get fresh Halibut caught off of the west coast, it is phyllo wrapped and baked for $27. The other Spring Special options we have are two Lamb Chops with fresh foraged nettle risotto for $20 and a Surf and Turf special featuring your choice of prime top sirloin (for $24) or filet mignon (for $34) paired with a half of a whole snow crab. We hope you will be back to try them all!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is an elegant, waterfront dining experience where you can enjoy spectacular water views, lovely wines, and conversation without the loud echoing that you get now in most restaurants where hard surfaces are 'de rigueur'. We found the staff very friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. We ate here on St. Patrick's Day and the corned beef is the best I have ever had in a restaurant and I am very picky about corned beef. It had been expertly defatted and was served with little red potatoes and a small chunk of the sweetest cabbage. I enjoyed it so much I am still thinking about that meal. Definitely will be coming back.

1  Thank Ellie E

Here at the Lighthouse Bar and Grill we are very pleased with the atmosphere created by our restaurant and are delighted that you are pleased with it as well! The dining room décor and many of the interior walls are wood so they absorb sound creating a very relaxing and harmonious environment for our guests to enjoy. And thank you for joining us for our Patty’s Day dinner, our executive chef is truly passionate about creating special dishes for Holidays.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I wanted to wait to review the Harborside Bistro after several visits because anyone can impress you once right, but to continue is another story. First of all, the HB has the best view of all three harbor restaurants and bars, secondly their happy hour is amazing, M-F 3-6 and then from 8 till close, thirdly live Jazz every Sunday which is happy hour all day....let's talk food quality. Their new chef, I believe Jordan is amazing. I've experienced 5 lunches and 6 happy hour meals in the past 7 month, all superb, delicious and the presentation is amazing. Their entire staff is warm, friendly, knowledgeable and their bartenders know their drinks, their cliental and our very friendly especially the weekend bartender. If you have not been to the Bellwether for dinner, drinks or happy hour in the past year because of prior poor service you must give them a chance again. From restaurant management, to wait staff to servers this is a much improved Bellwether. Amazing food, service and a commitment to outstanding service this is truly a gem on the waterfront not to be missed.

1  Thank Tom M

Mr. Tom, thank you so much for choosing to share your experience at the Lighthouse Bar and Grill on Tripadvisor. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service and quality food in an unbeatable atmosphere. Our happy hour menu is especially popular with our guests and we are so thrilled that you have been enjoying your time with us! Thank you again for your endorsement.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This review is only for the restaurant. Thinking that this restaurant would be in line with the rest of the hotel I stopped in for breakfast just before Christmas. There was only one other party in the restaurant and they were just leaving. My order was first up and took 28 minutes to come out. I had eggs Benedict and asked for some sauce on the hash browns. When it came there was so little sauce on both eggs and hash browns you could hardly tell it was there. The hash browns were cold and the cooking oil was the predominent taste. The ham was ragged, dry and looked like it had been torn off not cut. The piece of pomegranent that was on the plate was so dry and old that it appeared to have been cut the day before. The price was not bad and the view was beautiful. This, however, did not make up for the fact that this is probably one of the worst breakfasts I've had in Bellingham. It certainly does not say much for the quality of a great house such as this.

1  Thank Baker9
HotBelle, Manager at Lighthouse Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

I was disappointed to read about your breakfast experience with us at the Lighthouse Bar and Grill. You have my sincere apologies for the long wait and unsatisfactory meal. The experience you had does not reflect the level of service and food quality that we strive for here at the Lighthouse Bar and Grill. We have made several changes to our breakfast service since you have been in and I highly encourage you to give us another try. Please feel free contact me (mira@hotelbellwether.com) if I can arrange a complimentary breakfast for you.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The atmosphere is great and the food was very good. The brunch layout is a little cramped but other than a people backlog once in a while it was a minor inconvenience.

1  Thank John N

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor, we wanted to let you know that we have added extra buffet space so that the next time you come to enjoy a buffet at the Lighthouse Bar and Grill everything will flow more smoothly. We hope you’ll join us for our Easter Brunch Buffet on April 20th, 2014.