“A great welcome to Bellingham!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Viewmont Manor

Viewmont Manor
Ranked #1 of 15 Bellingham B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“A great welcome to Bellingham!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stopped in Bellingham on our road trip to Seattle and had a very nice stay at this beautifully located B&B. The room was very comfortable and clean and Betty is a super nice and welcoming hostess. Our breakfast was excellent and even before breakfast Betty served fresh coffee and delicious scones right next to our room. We had a wonderful stay at Viewmont Manor.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
I am always so delighted to hear that my guests had a nice stay, and liked my scones! Come back any time for more! Thanks for taking the time to write...and go visit the Millenium park for me! Thanks! Betty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our way down the west coast. I wish we'd stayed longer.
Betty is a fabulous host, so caring and great fun. Her house is clearly one of family, friendship and great cooking! Breakfast was excellent, all home made.
Facilities are perfect. Lovely room overlooking the garden. Tea, coffee and water right by your room. Betty makes fresh scones and cookies for guests to have with their drinks.
Fairhaven and Bellingham are lovely places to explore.
I left feeling very rested.
Thanks for a wonderful stay. I hope to see you again Betty.
Kate Roberts

• Stayed July 2013
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Kate: You allowed my nieces to Plait your Hair...how much more perfect a guest could an innkeeper ask for! I can only sit and wait for your next visit. I'll keep the lights on. Betty
Maple Ridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

A bit of a trek up hill, but it is worth it. Beautiful park setting with comfortable chairs inside and outside. You will love the solitude. Betty will greet you with a hug, as she would any family member. You aren't going to strangers, you are coming home. Wake up to a terrific breakfast and coffee brewing. We only stayed one day.......this time.

Room Tip: The corner room has windows on two sides for a fabulous cross breeze.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
For being an old car guy you sure are young! You and your wife made such a marvelous addition to my weekend in the back yard. I truly hope you will come again soon. (and now that I know who you are, I'll keep more of my secrets to myself!)
Sumas, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Great view, good comfortable bed, relaxed atmosphere and totally AWESOME food prepared by a great hostess! Thanks again Betty for everything! Looking forward to staying again. Even enjoyed meeting and eating breakfast with your other guests.
Alyda

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
I am so very glad you enjoyed your visit again. Glad your husband got to golf and you got to shop a little. I look forward to the next time you come visit!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I recently spent a night in Bellilngham visiting friends and had the good fortune to find this wonderful place to stay for the night. I wish we could have stayed a little longer - we will definitely be back. The Viewmont Manor is in a quiet neighborhood at the top of the hill, overlooking the bay. It is very close to Fairhaven, also, which was a plus. Betty, the owner, has a twinkle in her eye - it's not too often you get the chance to meet someone like her, who obviously enjoys taking care of people. Betty catered to some dietary issues that we have and made a delicious breakfast for us -- with hearty portions of an egg dish, fruit, bacon, the most delicious scones I have ever had. Our room was very cozy and clean and had a sweet little balcony overlooking the lush backyard garden. If you are looking for a "home away from home" in Bellingham that is quiet and cozy, I don't think you'll be disappointed here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Oh dear. Now I won't be able to wear my new golf hat because I have such a Big Head after reading your kind words! You absolutely made my day. Come on back and stay for a week next time.
Shelton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We went to Bellingham to visit family over a long weekend. After long days visiting with our relatives, we would make our way back up the hill to the B&B, have a good night's sleep, wake up to any amazing breakfast, and feel like we were still with family, thanks to Betty. I have a feeling we'll be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Your review warmed me to my boots! What a wonderful thing to say, and a wonderful way to say it! You two are the reason I think this is the very best "job" in the world. You are welcome back at a moment's notice (but after your kind words I will probably be booked full!) Thank you so much.
Dacula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Betty was delightful, spending time with Rhonda in the garden, discussing plant combinations and her strategy in developing her beautiful garden. The bed and pillows were clean, comfortable and welcome at the end of days of sightseeing.
We loved visiting the Fairhaven district in Bellingham, where we found lots of interesting shops and restaurants. From Bellingham, it's an easy trip over to Mt. Baker, and Betty was helpful in suggesting places to visit locally. Overall, this was a wonderful experience -- food, garden and environs were all A+.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
And to think that this was just the beginning of a wonderful trip north for you! I so enjoyed our time together, and will be sure to search for the names of the plants that Rhonda needed. Thanks again for the slide show of Paris. I am all set to go!