“1st timers” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Bellingham B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“1st timers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I had never stayed at a B&B, but Viewmont Manor sure convinced us to go back to one next time we travel. Our room, with private bath, was just perfect. The scones and coffee before breakfast were amazing. Even though my husband managed to spill his coffee everywhere, Betty didn't miss a beat. Breakfast was fabulous and more than filling both mornings. I love my mom and all, but she has never quite made me a breakfast that seemed so lavish. We will definitely be back and recommend it to all our friends

Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Now that you are seasoned Bed and Breakfast travelers, I expect to hear about all the new places you find. And tell your Mom not to worry, sometimes I goof. In fact, my son has been known to say that I only became a good cook by making a lot of mistakes! I look forward to your next trip to Bellingham!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
juneau
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We found Viewpoint Manor on the Internet while looking for a three-day-base from which to explore Bellingham. The only problem was, for those days, we did not want to leave the incredibly comfortable accommodations, with spectacular view nor end our delightful and interesting conversations with our gracious hostess Betty! Our stay could not have been more perfect and we are looking forward to returning soon. Just a warning: Betty's killer scones are wonderful and they are only the practice for breakfast!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I do not know why it took me so long to read your kind review! I think back on our conversations and I remember thinking how gracious it was of you two to include me in such meaningful discussions. You are two special, interesting, engaging people. Do come back, Please.
Port Townsend, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Our son and daughter-in-law gave us a gift certificate for Viewmont Manor for the weekend of our anniversary. We love to stay in B&Bs, but this one far exceeded our expectations for so many reasons. Our room was beautiful, comfortable and quiet. The bed and its bedding were luxurious, an important piece of the comfort, but our room also offered a wonderful chair and ottoman near the window for my early morning reading before my husband awakened- and the coffee and fresh scones were right outside the door! That wasn't breakfast, however, for Betty is a marvelous cook and created two lovely and delicious breakfasts at our chosen time each morning. My favorite part, in addition to sharing great conversation and ideas with Betty, was the reading nook where we enjoyed our wine and conversation each evening after our day's activities and before heading out for dinner. This special place offers whatever you desire - privacy, comfortable TV watching, reading (great book selection), games and breakfast, all in your own upstairs space. We will definitely return!

1 Thank topsie2
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
My dear, your review makes ME want to stay there! Oh, what a delight to meet such good instant friends. I hope we will continue this friendship "into infinity and beyond!"
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My adult daughter and I planned a quick, short-notice getaway and found the Viewmont manor on line, noting it's great reviews.

We were placed in the South Garden Terrace Room. Lovely room with a luxuriously high bed and comfy chair and ottoman to relax on. Having access to the library nook and the "common area" with tv (which we didn't watch) and Wifi available, as well as a few games available meant there were lots of things available for us to do (other than enjoying each other's company and the views). We also enjoyed a delicious meal at Le Chat Noir on Betty's recommendation and found Betty's homemade scones truly addictive.

Betty was very kind, welcoming and accomodating - providing the extra pillows we requested in advance. I would definitely recommend a stay at the Viewmont.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Oh my! What a quick response you wrote! Thank you so much. I hope you get more and more time away with your daughter. It is great to know that you enjoyed your visit. Come back any time!
Kent, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I wanted a Valentine getaway and this was it. The hostess was prepared with where to take my wife for a Valentine day dinner. Very romantic evening! In fact the two days were very romantic and relaxing. The breakfasts were a perfect touch.

Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Valentine's Day has a charm all its own, and we were very happy that you chose to spend it at Viewmont Manor. The very best part of running a bed and breakfast is meeting people like you. Thank you for your visit! We'll keep the candles in the window lit in case you want to come back.
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Betty is the most wonderful hostess and has a warm, beautiful home! My boyfriend, Tim and I stayed at the Viewmont Manor the night before a big trail run in Bellingham. The room was perfect and the bed was so comfortable - just what we needed the night before a big race. And, Betty went above and beyond to research a perfect breakfast for us to enjoy pre-run, and out did herself with the breakfast spread. Tim and I felt GREAT on our run, and we attribute feeling so refreshed and nourished to Betty. THANK YOU!
- Amber & Tim

Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
I am so relieved to read that you survived your run and felt fine. You two are amazing specimens of humanity! You were so gracious to accept what I prepared for you, not being all that familiar with a "pre-run" menu. Let's do it again sometime!
California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Although I love to read reviews, I always wondered what prompted people to write them...now I know! We had such a wonderful experience, it would be a shame not to share it. We found Viewmont Manor by reading reviews, so it only seems right to "pay it forward."

One would assume that people who stay at B & B's like people. And if you like people, you will love Betty! She has definitely found her calling as a B &B Innkeeper. She will give you as much privacy and quiet time as you want, but we enjoyed visiting with her so much that every time she came up to drop off one of her "treats" we comandeered her. As a longtime Bellingham resident, she also had great suggestions for things to do around the area.

Likely, most people who stay at B & B's also love breakfast. Actually, I don't usually, but you would never know that from the way I savored every morsel of the tasty breakfasts Betty prepared. My husband, who is always a breakfast lover, concurs. I do love scones, and I had read the other reviews about Betty's before visiting so my expectations were high--but not high enough--these aren't the donut-shaped-like-a-scone scones you get at chain coffee shops. These were moist and flaky chock-full-of-goodness pure deliciousness...even the one I smuggled out in my backpack and ate the following day!

Betty and her home truly embody hospitality. The atmosphere is relaxing and spotlessly clean. The beds are comfortable, the view beckons, and the food is plentiful and delicious. What more could you want in a B & B.

And as a Washington-native-Southern-California-resident, it felt great to spend a few days in the big small-town of Bellingham, breath the crisp and clean ocean air, surrounded by trees and by people who smile and say hello as they pass.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
I'm having the paperwork drawn up as soon as possible to finalize such an adoption! You two are a welcome addition to any family. You are each wonderful persons on your own, but together you are splendid! We will keep looking down the driveway hoping to see you return.