We went to Bellingham to visit our son who is a senior at Western Washington University.
The Fairhaven Inn is a small hotel. We got the Suite, which is on the third floor. The view was of the park, but if you want to see the bay you have the opportunities from other rooms with small balconies. No, we did not hear the trains (they are near) go by.
We chose the suite because we travel with our daughter who is developmentally disabled. There was no sound between the rooms, and the usual "hotel" noises were totally absent. We got a roll-away bed for our daughter which was comfortable (as was the couch) and there was a great deal of space which suits our needs perfectly.
The staff is amazing and because of that, we are going to stay 2 more times, including graduation weekend.
The included breakfast was fresh Belgian waffles, cereal, English muffins, hard boiled eggs, juice, milk, toast, etc. Enough to get you going.
Bellingham is a food and brew paradise (many local brands) and the prices are extremely reasonable. We ate at La Fiamma, brick oven pizza, etc, Coconut Kenney's, best pulled pork bbq sandwich we ever had anywhere, The Copper Hog, a great pub frequented late in the evening by both families and students (this is NOT one of those fake Irish places). Most of the reataurants, in Bellingham, are family owned businesses; as is the Fairhaven Village Inn. Oh, and in case the point wasn't made: you can eat your way across Bellingham for a month and never find all the delicious little gems.
There are lots of parks and walking areas next to the bay and the University is 5 minutes by car and it's well under an hour from the border. The town is friendly and has amazingly beautiful scenery. You are also less than an hour from Mt. Baker and skiing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairhaven Village Inn, the hotel in heart of the Historic Fairhaven District of Bellingham, is footsteps from fabulous dining, trails on the Bay, live entertainment, an outdoor market and unique shops. The hotel has 22 spacious guest rooms with fireplace and bay side options. The Inn’s porch, library and Village Green Park makes this an excellent spot for a getaway or families. Enjoy free parking, high-speed Internet access, continental breakfasts and sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Fairhaven Village Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairhaven Village Hotel Bellingham
- Fairhaven Village Bellingham