All reviews waffles book store village books walking trails bay view farmers market bay trail fresh baked cookies fair haven gas fireplace restaurants and shops coffee and tea perfect location within walking distance historic district small balcony amtrak station
Reviewed July 23, 2015

Small, wonderfully maintained older building. Spacious public spaces and guest rooms. Views of the bay or Fairhaven Green. Friendly staff, convenient parking. Located in the heart of Fairhaven with lots of dining options. A delightful place to base a Bellingham get away.

Room tip: Best bay view room is 301
2  Thank Michael V
Reviewed July 20, 2015

We stayed here for 3 nights for our 41st Wedding Anniversary July14th. The place is charming, only 22 rooms, overlooks Bellingham Bay a 1/2 mile away looking over warehouses and parking lots. Price is for Bay Front view but not here. The bed was terrible. You lift the top sheet to get into bed, and the bottom flat sheet comes untucked because it's too short. No fitted bottom sheet like home, so you wake up in the middle of the night with the bottom sheet all around you and you are sleeping on the mattress pad. My wife finally gave up and took the cushions off the chairs and made a bed on the floor. They have nice cushy soft robes in the closet, but no Pool or Hot Tub to wear them too. You just sit around your room in them. Huh.....The Breakfast is all Carbs/Sugar. Waffles, Bread, Muffins, Bagels, Cereal, Syrup, Jam, and Fruit that was frozen and still has ice crystals on it. If you are Type 2 Diabetic like most of the US you can't eat any of this. They did have a few Hard Boiled eggs. So........For $250 a night, a terrible View, a terrible Breakfast, and a terrible Bed. We will never be back.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
InnkeeperFVI, Manager at Fairhaven Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2015

Greetings,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I’m terribly sorry that it was less than ideal and as a result of your comments I have institutionalized some changes at the Inn: 1. I have purchased fitted sheets for all of our beds and 2. The berry medley will be eliminated from our breakfast room offerings. We are in the process of looking for new products.
I do hope you’ll return and give us another try. I am confident that with these changes your stay in Fairhaven will be much more enjoyable.

Best wishes,
Emma
Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 17, 2015

The Fairhaven neighborhood is, to my thinking, the nicest and most interesting part of Bellingham. The Fairhaven Village Inn is a great place in that neighborhood. While not modern or trendy, the Fairhaven Village Inn is clean, the staff friendly, and the overall ambiance quite nice. The room was large, had a small balcony overlooking the harbor, and a gas fireplace (not used since it was summer). The bathroom was fine, as well. Overall, the rooms are quaint, although are looking a bit dated with 1990s wallpaper and colors. The daily breakfast is great and includes yogurt, fruit (the berries were frozen which was disappointing but the bananas and apples were fresh), cereal, coffee, toast, and waffles if you wanted one. Unfortunately, the morning we checked out, we needed to depart at 6:30 and breakfast doesn't begin until 7:00. The night before, we asked if we could have coffee and yogurt at 6:30, but that didn't work out. The hotel is in walking distance of shopping and restaurants as well as a great running/walking trail that goes along the harbor into downtown Bellingham. Since the inn is located very close to the train station, you can hear trains throughout the night as well as seagulls. Neither were particularly disruptive to my sleep, but noticeable.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Steve F
Reviewed July 16, 2015

Great room, great staff, great breakfast! And can you believe it, covered parking or at least free off the street parking. Not to mention near the bike shop and the bike trail to historic downtown….it was just loverly!

Room tip: Bay side with balcony….excellent!
Reviewed July 12, 2015

I was once again able to visit Fairhaven and spend the night with my granddaughter at Fairhaven Inn.

I love this hotel. The staff is amazing. They are always available to help you and answer any questions about the area you may have. Of course they check you in immediately and make you feel like the most welcome guest in the world. My granddaughter felt very comfortable staying there. I went out in the evening without her and she felt quite safe to stay by herself. She is 14.

The rooms are so clean, pretty and comfortable. They have new lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and soap. Actually I like these better than the ones they used before.

Visit Fairhaven and stay at the Fairhaven Inn and you will have a wonderful summer treat.

Room tip: The rooms overlooking the bay side have balconies.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family