“relaxing time in a huge room”

Fairhaven Village Inn
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Upland, California
“relaxing time in a huge room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We planned on visiting family in the area and needed a place to stay. We wanted something nice and decided on staying at the Fairhaven Inn. Our relatives live in a rough setting and we wanted something nice. We weren't disappointed. We paid about $300 for the suite. It was huge and beautiful. The complimentary breakfast was good.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank uplcmnm2016

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I'd been planning to stay at this Inn for the past couple of years and finally had an opportunity, my stay was very nice. The excellent location is perfect for exploring Fairhaven and surrounding area.

Rooms are large, beds are comfortable, windows open :) Continental breakfast in the morning is a nice bonus.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 1Tonito
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Inn and my room were so elegant and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. I enjoyed hearing the trains go by and seeing the full moon from my balcony. It was fun having the fire in the fireplace at night and in the morning. The waffle that I had made for me by one of the staff members during the complimentary breakfast was delicious. The sheets were heavenly. On this trip where we stayed at 8 hotels, this was my favorite.

Room Tip: Get a room on the west side.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Karen D
Savannah, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Everyone is right on about service and comfort of this inn in a great town with great views. It was a working trip for me and everything I needed was right there. The wireless Internet service was fast and worked where ever I tried. Breakfast variety was good without the usual scrambled eggs and greasy bacon. The pastries were great and coffee 24 hours a day. Weather was too nice to try the fireplace and it seemed that the only neighbors were the sea gulls. Everything, especially the staff, was better than expected. Such personal attention to detail is appreciated.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hal H
Winchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I planned a five day trip for my daughters 21st birthday and this was our first stop We are from The east coast and had never traveled to the NW. I chose this location for its close proximity to the Canadian border and it was less than 2 hrs from SeaTac airport. The room was wonderful, free parking, comfortable beds and nice sheets! The bathroom was roomy and the shower was just right. We walked around Fairhaven and did some shopping,the hotel staff was very helpful with suggestions of where to eat and also accommodating of our late,late arrival (airline delays). I wish all the hotels on our trip had been this nice

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MiniMacLee
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for four nights in July and we loved it! It's a charming place, the staff is great and helpful, and the location is awesome! The king bedroom we had was very spacious and clean. The only complaint I have is the breakfast - there wasn't a whole lot of variety, but that wasn't a big deal for us. The 2nd floor patio is a great place to bring dinner or have a glass of wine. I will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank butterf160
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I too am looking for a reason to return! We stayed only one night but it was the best of our trip! Greeted warmly upon arrival in an inviting and historic-like building (new but built to fit into the charm of the historic area). Our room was impeccable, large and so comfy! Loved having a fireplace and sofa, balcony and well-appointed bathroom. Everything was a breeze! Very close to the Alaska Ferry too. Visit the book store across the street, and eat lunch at the Skylark. :)

• Stayed August 2013