New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #31 of 429 Restaurants in Bellingham
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Bellingham, Washington, United States
“Sit up, stand up, jump up, and Rumba to Cafe Rumba!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Holy Posole! I just had the most incredible feast at Cafe Rumba!

If you think Antonio's Cuban Salsa is hot, say "Mucho Gusto" to his Asada De Res Sanguiches with Peruvian Marinara Sauce! It's lean, tender, and perfectly juicy. The side of Papas Con Aji, delivers potatos to a delicious new direction.

Don't wait for a special occassion to vist Cafe Rumba. Eating there is a fiesta in your tummy!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jane R

Ferndale, Washington
“spicy, delicious, $2-off sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We decided to try Cafe Rumba's Peruvian menu on a Thursday & discovered all sandwiches are $2 off. The guy at the counter was enthusiastic and fun; he gave us samples of all their sauces to try. We had 2 of their popular meat sandwiches on good crusty buns with sides of their specialty potatoes & sauce. My sandwich had a slice of yam - delicious. I'm not usually a fan of spicy sauces but these were perfect, somewhere between mild and medium. The atmosphere is college-town casual, a little cafe in an old downtown building. We will be dancing back in for more.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Katie L
Bellingham, Washington
“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Recently went on Thursday (it's $2 off sandwich day). For the price and size of meal...good value and the taste was muy bueno. Can't wait to go back and try another selection. A lovely change from the normal lunch fare.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank toquer
washington state
“A Local Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

A friend of mine told me about this place a while back. Last weekend I was headed up to Bellingham so I decided to check out the reviews on tripadvisor. It was rated the #1 restaurant in Bellingham which really got my attention. I ended up going there with my boyfriend for lunch.

This place is known as a deli and best known for their sandwiches. I am not a big sandwich fan so it's gotta be great to have me wanting to come back for more. This was truly one of the best sandwiches I've ever eaten. I had the pavo sandwich with pina water (pineapple water) to drink. The flavors in the sandwich and in the sauce that comes on the potato slices were absolutely wonderful. I've already decided that I'm going back there to try another sandwich the next time I'm up north.

One of the Peruvian owners took our order. He was very nice and helpful. He was also quite humble when I mentioned seeing that his place is #1 on tripadvisor.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Bellingham, Washington
“One of the great sandwich shops in Bellingham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here to eat today with my wife on a sunny Saturday. Almost all tables were full with hungry diners.Selections were a little confusing because we weren't expecting homemade roasted meats on fresh buns with a side of sliced potatoes and sauce. I had a roasted meat stew which melted in my mouth. My wife had grilled turkey breast with sweet onions, spinach and a light cilantro lime sauce, the flavor blew both of us away.Service was friendly. Our problem now is finding the time to come back and work our way through the rest of the menu.

Visited October 2013