“Looking for something new and unique? Check out Cafe Rumba!”
Review of Cafe Rumba

Cafe Rumba
Ranked #29 of 446 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Peruvian
Bellingham, Washington
“Looking for something new and unique? Check out Cafe Rumba!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Quick Take:
* Delicious sandwiches! My favorite is the Pavo (turkey)
* Try the chicha drink (purple corn juice) or Inca Cola for an authentic experience!

This place is awesome - really delicious food in a fun and casual atmosphere. They specialize in sandwiches but also have various non-sandwhich daily specials. I have tried nearly everything on the menu (and it's all delicious!) but my absolute favorite is the Pavo (turkey) sandwhich, because of its unique "black mint" sauce... sounds weird, I know, but it's seriously delicious (I also usually have them add the onion mixture to my Pavo sandwhich). My boyfriend's favorite is the Buttifara (pork), but don't let the description fool you - it says "ham" but it's not like thin-sliced deli style ham, it's big thick slices of pork. Make sure you get some Chicha or an Inca Cola to complete your Peruvian dining experience :)

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of trying Peruvian cuisine - the flavors are unique, but are agreeable enough that they will likely please those who might not normally like various "ethnic" or "exotic" foods.

I always hear people here in Bham complain about not having much variety when it comes to food choices, but whenever I mention Cafe Rumba I usually get a "oh, where is that place? I think I've driven by and seen it but haven't tried it". GO TRY IT BELLINGHAMSTERS!

• Visited April 2013

Lummi Island, Washington
“Confusing to order, but worth it”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We weren't really sure what we were ordering but the staff helped us figure it out. The sauces for the sandwiches were very tasty and the price seemed reasonable. The ambience left a bit to be desired and it was a bit chilly.

• Visited November 2012
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
“Different but good”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We opened the door at 1 minute until 6PM. The sign said they closed at 6 but they told us to come on in. Really nice friendly people. The restaurant is in an old building which has seen better days and the decor is early thrift shop but the revues were really good and we had never had Peruvian so had to try it. The food lived up to revues. I had the chicken with the blackmint sauce. Wife had tofu something but she liked my sauce better and kept scraping it off my sandwich. We will go back again but next time we promise to get there before 6!

• Visited March 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Go here for good authentic flavors”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We like food with flavor. Their food has it. Simple enough. We're excited to try the soups as well. Make sure you come on Thursdays for $5 sandwiches.

Avoid the desserts (maybe they used all the flavor in the sandwiches and didn't have any left over for the desserts:) but definitely try some of the authentic drinks.

Cafe Rumba will be one of your most satisfying lunch spots in Bellingham. This town needed something like this.

Visited February 2013
Bellingham, Washington, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best sandwich in Bellingham”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I don't know why I waited so long to try Cafe Rumba on State Street in Bellingham. Yesterday I stopped in for a sandwich, and it was unbelievably good. The meat was tender, the sauce was amazing, everything was fresh and delicious. The staff is courteous and the prices are reasonable. Everything about the experience was good. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited March 2013