“Confusing to order, but worth it”
Review of Cafe Rumba

Cafe Rumba
Ranked #32 of 460 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We weren't really sure what we were ordering but the staff helped us figure it out. The sauces for the sandwiches were very tasty and the price seemed reasonable. The ambience left a bit to be desired and it was a bit chilly.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We opened the door at 1 minute until 6PM. The sign said they closed at 6 but they told us to come on in. Really nice friendly people. The restaurant is in an old building which has seen better days and the decor is early thrift shop but the revues were really good and we had never had Peruvian so had to try it. The food lived up to revues. I had the chicken with the blackmint sauce. Wife had tofu something but she liked my sauce better and kept scraping it off my sandwich. We will go back again but next time we promise to get there before 6!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We like food with flavor. Their food has it. Simple enough. We're excited to try the soups as well. Make sure you come on Thursdays for $5 sandwiches.

Avoid the desserts (maybe they used all the flavor in the sandwiches and didn't have any left over for the desserts:) but definitely try some of the authentic drinks.

Cafe Rumba will be one of your most satisfying lunch spots in Bellingham. This town needed something like this.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I don't know why I waited so long to try Cafe Rumba on State Street in Bellingham. Yesterday I stopped in for a sandwich, and it was unbelievably good. The meat was tender, the sauce was amazing, everything was fresh and delicious. The staff is courteous and the prices are reasonable. Everything about the experience was good. I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Elizabeth D
Reviewed January 29, 2013

After returning from a month long trip to Peru, I lamented that it wouldn't be possible to introduce friends to the exciting flavors we experienced. Fortunately for me, Cafe Rumba opened and delivers the real goods -salsa huacatay with Peruvian mint, butifarra sandwiches, potatoes with uancaina sauce with spicy aji amarillo - all with the verve of contemporary novo-andino cuisine. With luck, someday they'll serve juanes :-)