“Lovely”

Pickford Film Center
Ranked #1 of 8 Fun & Games in Bellingham
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My first visit to this nice little rep house downtown. Clean and well maintained. And the film ("56 Up") was great, too. I will return.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We love the Pickford. The quality of movies shown couldn't be better. We're not even from Bellingham but when staying in Fairhaven we always check the movie listings and, undoubtedly, find ourselves watching a film at the Pickford. I sure hope this small theatre manages to stay open for a long time.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We are not Pickford members, but frequent their movies. This is not a run of the mill Hollywood Blitz theater. The selections of films are wide ranging and often with a lot of foreign content. The physical theater lobby has room sharing coffee while you wait for friends to arrive.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was watching a movie in the back row of the theatre, being completely silent. I realized I needed to shoot a quick reply text. With my phone covered I was making a reply text. The light from my phone was seen by noone but me, I was making no sound, I was not speaking on the phone and my phone was in no position whatsoever to be assumed to be filming (as it was covered)......and like a hawk I have the usher sternly tell me that I immediately need to put my phone away or I will need to leave.

Under any other circustance of disturbing anyone with light or sound.....or if my phone were in any position to be filming, I'd understand, but this was literally laughable and disrespectful to a paying customer.

Won't be going anymore. Thanks, but no thanks. I'd rather watch it at home & save the money than deal with an anal usher.

1  Thank Alison S
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The Pickford Cinema is a gem of a theater partly because of its location and size (downtown, small) which make it a fun alternative to big chain theaters, and partly because of its excellent movie choices. We like foreign comedies, quirky films that don't fit Hollywood formulas, and all kinds of unusual small-budget films that are accessible and not too avant-garde (they also have very esoteric choices). The real popcorn is one of the Pickford's best features, and the fact that you can get a beer or wine to drink along with it in the lobby is pretty nice! With its newly remodeled space and very comfy chairs, this is a favorite Bellingham activity for my family and friends.