We loved our get-away here. Wonderful window seat overlooking the water big enough for 2 people, deep soaker jacuzzi tub, wet bar and fireplace. We had a king suite with separate bedroom. The restaurant in the hotel (Keenan’s) is really good and they have a nice spa as well although we didn’t use it. A short walk to the centre of Fairhaven where there are lots of cute shops, cafes and a great bookstore.
All this being said, the hotel is on the rail line - in fact our room overlooked it. If you want a water view, you’ll also be viewing/hearing the train. During the day, this was fine but as we found ear plugs provided in our room, we new it may be a problem at night. I had an issue with my ear plugs so couldn’t use them and I did hear the train at 3am and 5am. My husband wore his ear plugs and didn’t hear a thing.
We would return and recommend this place to friends but warn everyone in advance of the train noise. Wear the ear plugs and you should be fine.
A little pricey for Bellingham but we enjoyed it enough not to care.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chrysalis is a beautifully designed, award winning hotel and spa in a stunning waterfront setting. Luxurious guestrooms and suites offer comfortable hospitality with luxurious amenities, designed to enable guests to work or unwind with every comfort and convenience. Cuddle up in a bay view room or suite with cozy window seats, fireplaces and double soaking or whirlpool tubs. Watch the sunset from our restaurant and wine bar, or stroll the boardwalk over the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your The Chrysalis Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chrysalis Hotel Bellingham
- The Chrysalis Inn And Spa
- Chrysalis Hotel