This is a beautiful property BUT the train tracks are only about 50 ft from the back of the property . They have a small sign on the registration desk advising that there may be some train noise. Well, there definitely is that! We had made a reservation here for the last night of a fantastic cruise vacation. We had flight reservations thru Frontier and since they don't fly out of Vancouver, we decided to spend our last night in Bellingham. The Chrysalis Inn looked very nice and was located on the water. However for the $200+ that we were charged, I certainly did not expect to hear trains coming past frequently! Our room was on the back of the hotel on the first floor. The more frequent trains were northbound and started blowing the whistle before they got to the property, but always managed to blow one more time as they were passing our location. There were a number of trains on Sunday night, but the most irritating was on Monday morning starting a 6 am. One train every 15-20 minutes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chrysalis is a beautifully designed, award winning hotel and spa in a stunning waterfront setting. Luxurious guestrooms and suites offer comfortable hospitality with luxurious amenities, designed to enable guests to work or unwind with every comfort and convenience. Cuddle up in a bay view room or suite with cozy window seats, fireplaces and double soaking or whirlpool tubs. Watch the sunset from our restaurant and wine bar, or stroll the boardwalk over the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your The Chrysalis Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chrysalis Inn And Spa
- The Chrysalis Hotel Bellingham
- Chrysalis Hotel