“You get what you pay for”
Review of Motel 6 Bellingham

Motel 6 Bellingham
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Bellingham
Reviewed July 4, 2014

This hotel was the only one we could find in town with a room available that took pets. There was parking in front of our room but is was handicapped so we had to park across the street at a restaurant. The room smelled and the air conditioner didn't work. But we only needed it for the night.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Bellingham

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I knew we were in trouble when the night attendant was speaking to me through bullet proof glass. The oddest thing ever was that I was required to give my wives I.D. with mine just to rent. Never had that happen before. We rented a non smoking room that wreaked of cigarettes. Rooms on both side of us were smoking and it filtered right through into ours.......BLECH. The room was very uncomfortable and the noise from the freeway kept us awake for hours. Oh and the Tv is old school about an 16in screen. I guess the only up side was that the room was aprox. $120 for two nights. Not really great but Bellingham is expensive. I don't really know what they did under the carpet but it feels like it was laid over sewer rock. Well if you have earplugs and enjoy a really really really firm bed, like climbing stairs and smelling the neighbors cigs. this place is for you.
Now you know

Room Tip: Ground floor is less noise and no stairs
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank dallasrd
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We were so lucky to be given a free night stay here by alligent air as they canceled or flight and put us up in this beautiful place. Right on the highway, tiniest rooms I have ever seen for a two double bed room in a hotel.
But just as we were about to settle down with our kids my son spots a flea, then another and another wait a second, bail out. But it is a holiday night and we need to catch our plane in the morning. We did end up leaving and booked into a much nicer hotel well worth the extra $.

This place also smelled of flea powder. I took some photos. Also took photos of the animal hair I one of the beds, and dirt in the other. And they obviously don't vacuum the corners well as there was plenty of dirt and hair in the corners.

Actually this is the first hotel I have ever left.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Psew1974
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed with a friend and two dogs during a dog show weekend, room was cozy and maybe a little cramped for 2 people, 2 dogs, and crates. Plenty of places to walk dogs and a good Mexican restaurant close by.

One negative was the couple next door who were fighting very loudly and made up several times just as loudly. Not really the hotels fault but demonstrated the thin walls.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Service at front desk was the most pleasant part of this economical experience. Otherwise because the shower & bathroom sink were filthy it made me nervous that maybe the bed sheets may not be clean. Very noisy location. Will pay for something better next time

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Clearwaterhous
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear clearwaterhous,
Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the cleanliness issues and noisy conditions you encountered. The issues you experienced are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and other guests with better service in the future.: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The room was ok, clean. The shower has issues. If I go there again I will need a foot stool to reach the shower head. It seems that they expected a 6 foot 6 inch person to stand inside that shower. The water hits the back of your head.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room in the back of the facility. Too close to the freeway and you hear the cars...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I am not a picky traveller at all and don't require much out of my accommodations, however, this was not a great place to stay. Unfortunately, there were only smoking rooms left and it smelled like an old night club in my room, ashtray smell, nasty! The carpets looked clean but my daughter was walking in new white socks and they were filthy after an hour!!! TV didn't turn on using the power button, you had to use the channel button to turn it on and no remote. Looks fairly clean but once you look into it further, it is not. Other guests seemed friendly, college students, couples etc. All looking for a cheap place like us. From now on, I will definitely pay the extra $60 a night for a best western, ramada, holiday inn etc. Those are average places and seem like the Ritz compared to this place! Didn't feel like a crack shack but didn't feel like a comfortable place to spend the night either. I give it a 2, rather than 1, as check in was easy, staff was ok, super easy to find and restaurants nearby. Plus they have a little pool. 1 1/2 is my score for this place

Room Tip: if you don't smoke, don't get a smoking room! smells awful, very strong and doesn't get...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family