New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Motel 6 Bellingham

Motel 6 Bellingham
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Bellingham
Moses Lake, Washington
“Extremely people and pet friendly Motel 6”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

Motel 6 is a mainstay for us because we travel with our dog. This is not the best Motel 6 we've stayed with regards to room size, but it was the friendliest and most hospitable for both people and canines. They even put a water bowl in the lobby for 4-leggers visiting upon check-in. We stayed in the closest room to I-5 in the joint, but the windows did a good job of locking out the traffic noise. The owner/manager, Ed, and his staff are exceptional people.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TraveLand

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Vancouver Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

We chose this motel for its reputation, location and cost. The check in process was great and the staff are wonderful!!! There were 4 of us traveling and we stayed in a room with 2 double beds for $60 a night. It is located just off the highway and next to an IHOP. We were able to park right outside our room on the ground floor, which made it convenient to load and unload.

The room is small but if all you are doing is crashing after a day of shopping, it does the trick. We didn't use the pool but it looked clean. The place was tidy and clean. My only complaint was with the comfort of the bed, but the other bed was very comfy. I received a nice email in response to my concerns from the management. As the beds were new, he was going to look into a defect. if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room in back as you can hear the traffic.

I would reccommend this motel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Despite reading the previous reviews on this Motel, I decided to draw my own conclusions and having stayed in a number of Motel 6's previously, I was equipped with my ear plugs as they are often located close to Interstates.
On registering I requested a front room, away from I5, which was granted. The room was standard for Motel 6, so, no complaints. The receptionist rang to see if everything was okay (not something that often happens). I slept perfectly, with ear plugs. The location is very convenient. I got discount at the IHOP, within walking distance. So No Complaints Whatever and I was there for 3 nights.
I received an email requesting comments from the manager in which I gave an honest and accurate opinion and received a reply stating that it is the intention to TRIPLE GLAZE the rooms to combat the noise.
WOULD I RETURN, YOU BET.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank ManicUSAVisitor
SE Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

I've stayed at this location an estimated 8 times in the last 22 years. Like someone else said it is not the Hilton but I don't need the Hilton. It is consistent-- has not changed much over the years having had just a few minor upgrades. It is noisy if you are on the freeway side but I am usually worn out when I get there and all I want to do is take a shower and get to bed and sleep and I can do that freeway noise or not. It is convenient to the freeway so it is easy to find whatever the weather or time of day and that has been important since a lot of my trips thru there have been in Nov., Dec., and Jan.. Most importantly it is easy to get from the Motel 6 to the Alaska ferry terminal and that is the primary reason I use it. I've never had a bad experience with the staff. I usually get there late on Wed. nite- sometimes on Thursday. Then check out to catch the ferry on Friday. Never used the pool. If you want frills and plush, don't stay here. If you want a place to sleep that is EZ to find, convenient to the freeway with good access to the AK Ferry terminal this place works as well as or better than most of the others in BEL. Rooms have always been reasonably clean and a few years ago when I traveled with my old dog they were very accommodating and the area around the property is adequate for walking a pet. There's a fence between the east side of the motel and the freeway so you can trust that your dog will not be able to get too far away from you. Laundry facilities are adequate and convenient but you may need to get there early or go there late if the place has a lot of guests-- it is pretty limited for machines.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank raincountry2010
Socal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

I like to cycle from the Canadian Border down to Oregon or California for vacation and this motel is always my first stop of the trip. I like Motel 6 for this kind of trip because they're cheap and always have laundry facilities. On the other hand they tend to be near freeways and for some reason they don't provide shampoo.

This motel is the same as any of the other Motel 6's I've stayed at although I'd say if anything it's slightly above average for a Motel 6. The rooms are a bit small and noisy but as I've cycled 60+ miles from the Peace Arch I can still sleep fine. The manager is a very sweet lady. I've never checked out the pool.

This one has a Haggins across the road which is an awesome store. Check it out if you ever stay here. They also used to have a great Papa John's pizza nearby but they went out of business :-(

To summarize: This is not the best motel in the area but it is perfectly adequate for me and I consider it good value. When I'm travelling with family and staying multiple nights I stay at the Days Inn on Meridian.

• Liked — Cheap, clean, laundry
  • Disliked — Noisy
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank EnduranceCyclist
Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

We just needed a place to stay for one night. I had never stayed at a Motel 6 before, so this was something new for me.

There were absolutely no extras, but the room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom looked like it had been recently renovated, and the shower was wonderful.

We arrived too late to use the pool, and it was raining, so we wouldn't have anyways, but it looked clean.

We received 10% off our meal at Ihop the next morning by showing our room receipt, so that was nice. We were also in walking distance to other restaurants, and it was easy to get on and off of I-5. Of course, we were situated right above I-5 so it was pretty noisy, but we were tired, so slept well anyways.

The staff both checking in and out were pleasant and helpful. The rate was extremely reasonable, and for one night it was fine.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — I-5
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank Princess_Lu
grants pass
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2008

We stayed here because it was affordable and on the way to Vancouver, BC. The hotel was clean. Check-in was easy. However, the noise from the highway side is absolutely horrible! Book a room on the "quiet" side or do not stay here. We could not sleep at all!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank poonariffic

Travelers are raving about these Bellingham hotels