“Simply good.....”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Bellingham, Washington
“Simply good.....”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

A great open late place to grab a wonderful dinner pie. I have only ordered the chicken which I adore and the dessert ones were great too. I am not sure if they have hydrogenated fats, I am afraid to ask. The crust is divine. A great always ready fast meal. Small space, I have only had them to go but staff is always nice. I believe they have veggie options too. Easy downtown location.

Visited November 2011

Bellingham, Washington
“Freshest ingredients make for perfect savory pies ...”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Who knew? Combine the freshest locally-sourced produce and meats with flaky tender pie crust, add appropriate and creative seasonings, and you get heaven on a plate. It's such a simple idea, and Man Pies has taken it to new levels of excellence.

Man Pies serves up individual-sized double crust pies that are NOTHING like the old frozen "chicken pot pie" or "beef pot pie." No, these are savory flavorful pies that will spoil you forever. Believe me, you'll never want those other insipid impostors.

They always have braised beef, roasted chicken, spicy pork, braised lamb, two vegetarian selections (including a curry), along with some specials. Try to get there on a day when they have the shepherd's pie available.

If you miss out on the shepherd's pie, no worries; ALL the pies at Man Pies are tasty and filling, and prices are quite reasonable for what you get as well. There is some seating available, but you're probably better off getting your pies "to go," and heading to a favorite scenic spot to savor the experience.

What can I say? I'm hooked on these things. I find myself making excuses to venture downtown just so i can get my Man Pies fix. They're really that good.

• Visited December 2011