All reviewslighthouse suitelighthouse barbellingham bayjetted tubputting greenexecutive plazawater viewgas fireplacenice balconywater fronthotel restaurantsan juan islandsseparate showerhappy hourunderground parkingromantic weekendnice dinner
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Fantastic stay
staff was nice and the food for room service was well presented
awsome I have gone back every year for the past 5 years

1  Thank MrHibbs
Reviewed March 30, 2010

I would rather sleep in a dumpster then stay here again. I order breakfast (omlete) in the restaraunt and when they bring my meal I ask "do I get toast with this?" they're response was "yes but you have to make it yourself over at the continental breakfast bar". Two of my clients had to cancel through no fault of there own but "I" was charged full rate for rate for their rooms. They said they could have resold them; the hotel was at less then 20% capacity. DO NOT STAY THERE. Check the local garbage dump for better accomodations.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank JASSAR
Reviewed February 9, 2010

Upon arriving at the Hotel Bellwether I did not know what to expect after reading all the bad reviews. The check in was very quick which was nice, but it was only quick due to the fact the the young girl behind the desk didn't go over anything with me. She basically said sign this and give me the room keys. I mean I had to ask her where the parking and room she assigned is located. Once in the room we found a beautiful view of Bellingham bay, and the harbor. The rooms are pretty nice but not as nice as you would think for 200+ a night, not even a flat screen, bummer.. Overall the stay was enjoyable we liked the room and the view just topped it off for us. Other then check-in we did run in to a few other problems; the room keys didn't work on the second day of our stay (the girl that checked us in didn't realize we were staying for two nights. So the card was not set up to work the second day), the beds were a little worn, we found ourself rolling into the center of the bed in the middle of the night, and lastly the service during the breakfast was awful! NOT only where they not helpful they rushed people out of the place once it was 950 even though they close it down at 10. I am young and work in the food industry and customer service so I understand that they need to close down but these people are just RUDE! So a work of advice when at the Hotel Bellwether go down to breakfast as early as you can!!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2010

A must admit that I was a little concerned when I saw how many rated this hotel as "terrible". Lots must have gone wrong for the wedding guests!

We decided to go ahead with our visit, based on the positive comments posted on here, and we're glad we did. We spent three days in room 307, great view of the bay and marina, and had a great time. Super location, and I'm blown away by those that say that the staff were either unhelpful or rude. The staff were very friendly in all of their dealings with us, and all took the time to respond to our requests pleasantly and effectively....and they smiled and said "Hello" too!

The hotel is within easy driving distance to just about anything in Bellingham, and there are a few restaurants that range from a thirty second to five minute walk from the hotel. The Anthony restaurants tend to be vey busy, even midweek, so I'd suggest making a reservation. Try the sushi restaurant...that's the one thirty seconds away...and watch your food glide by!

Anyway, to each their own. We were VERY happy with our visit, and we'll stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2009

Our family Christmas celebrations were enjoyed early this year, so we decided on a nearby mini-adventure for the actual holiday. Hotel Bellwether was perfect! Our room was lovely: spacious, comfortable bed, balcony, fireplace. Views over the harbor and Bellingham Bay are wonderful. Service was impeccable and friendly. The included continental breakfast was fine, and could be supplemented by ordering an extra such as an omelet if desired.

The hotel's location is excellent for walking along and around the harbor to a lovely park across the harbor channel from the hotel. We plan to return in summer when daylight will last late into the evening (in contrast to December when sun sets so early), which will allow more time for walking and watching boats come and go from the harbor.

Because the suite guests checked out before we did, I was able to see the hotel's four suites, all lovely, including the unique Lighthouse, a 3-story accommodation with phenomenal views from the Crow's Nest on the top. (Check it out in my photos.)

As well as the restaurant in the hotel, there are several others nearby including Anthony's Hearthside and a sushi restaurant right next door, and another Anthony's about a block away.

Highly recommended!