All reviews lighthouse suite lighthouse bar bellingham bay jetted tub water view putting green executive plaza gas fireplace hotel restaurant san juan islands separate shower underground parking happy hour beautiful room comfortable bed loved this hotel front desk staff
Reviewed November 30, 2009

We had a nice sized room with a balcony and view of the water, king size bed, couch, desk and TV in cabinet. The bathroom has a tiled shower and a separate jacuzzi tub. We found check in and check out to be pleasant. The bed was comfortable and the bath clean.

We spent some time at the spa next door to the hotel and would highly recommend visiting them for a relaxing massage or facial. A nice treat on a relaxing stay. Parking is free and there are other nice restaurants close (Anthony's) for dinning. We enjoyed the free breakfast of eggs, meat, potatoes, fruit, etc.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank landmmayberry
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Maybe I stayed in a different hotel to some of the contributors here, but I thought the place was great. My trip was business, so maybe having stayed in some rat holes, my perspective is somewhat skewed when compared to the vacation guest.
The reception staff dealt with my check in / checkout politely & efficiently. OK, yes I was asked for ID & signed forms promising not to smoke or generally trash the room, but having personally seen what a group of guests did to the Hilton in Long Beach, I have no problems with that.
The room was about 100% larger than a regular hotel room, with a superb view over the harbour. Coffee / tea making facilities, & a safe where included at no extra charge. The room had two TV’s & DVD players, a sitting area & work desk. Wireless internet was also included in the room rate. I did not check out the mini bar for mould. The room was a bit on the warm side, but the somewhat over sized air con unit took care of that. Unfortunately, this unit discharged in line directly over the bed
The bathroom had a shower & bath with a Jacuzzi function. One oddity was a set of folding shutters that allowed bathroom users & the occupants of the sitting area to inspect each other. I assume that this was to allow one to watch TV while taking a bath.
One reviewer said that the restaurant was expensive. This is true, but I found the food excellent, unlike some. Also as pointed out, there are some great eatery’s in the area, vote with your feet if you feel short changed.
Car parking was free in a secure garage. I have been charged US$15.00 / night in LA for this, & Au$30.00 in Brisbane. This is defiantly a perquisite to consider when calculating what your stay is costing.
I will definitely be staying at the Bellwether on my next trip.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank cryogenic
Reviewed October 18, 2009

My Husband and I won a 2 night stay at a charity auction and were excited to spend our weekend at Hotel Bellwether. We were very disappointed. Luckily the money we spent on this went to charity, but I wanted to warn anyone planning on spending money here.
Firstly, the hotel was extremely warm everywhere, next there was mold in our refrigerator (which hardly should be called a fridge, as it actually was almost warm). Next, the breakfast rivaled that of a Best Western. The Holiday Inn Express has a better breakfast. There were dry muffins and some unidentifiable meat and sweaty cheese. It was half done, to put it mildly. I will say that the servers were all very friendly.
The decor of this hotel was terrible. It needs to be updated badly. It also is obvious that there previously was a pool and hot tub, turned putting green and water fountain. With not much to do at the hotel, they do have DVDs, however, they charge you $3 to "borrow" them, which I believe is ridiculous, as this is supposed to be a "luxury" hotel. I can't believe they charge you to borrow them.
Lastly, we wanted to go to dinner on Saturday night and were told the previous night that the shuttle ran 'til 9:30, however, the aloof front desk agent claimed that the shuttle didn't run that night and you "can only take it to the train station because of insurance reasons".
All and all this place is overpriced and they do nothing to go above and beyond or even meet expectations.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank seattle93
Reviewed October 4, 2009

I travel extensively in the business I am in and was looking forward to a much needed relaxing stay with colleagues.

This was one of the worst hotel experiences I have had across the country. Over priced and incredibly poor customer service. Staff were bordering on rude, did nothing towards making us feel welcome and the entire experience was bordering on comical it was so dissappointing

I would not recommend this hotel nor will I ever risk such a night again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank sabine44
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Was a bit disappointed with the room as we were paying over $300 for 3 people. The bed was comfortable (4 pillows instead of 3 would be nice)-actually the whole room was set up for 2 (even coffee, only 2 had to run out in the morning for another packet., 2 sets of towels, etc.) It does seem like the room could use some updating. TV was in a big cabinet and the doors did not stay open all the way-had to prop it open with a suitcase. (Not flatscreens which we expected for that price.) Parking was a nightmare to find (even in a designated garage) as the gentleman at the desk was like a robot (no smile, ever) when explaining where to park.
The major plus was the view (small balcony) but fantastic view!

• Stayed: September 2009