“A few glitches, still nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Bellwether

Hotel Bellwether
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Bellingham
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A few glitches, still nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We have stayed here a number of times and chose it again on a recent visit to Bellingham. Once again, we enjoyed the great water views, the spacious room, the comfortable bed. The staff are very friendly and helpful, including Miri in the cafe where we had breakfast, but there seem to be too few of them. On one cool evening, we wanted to use the gas fireplace, but the pilot light was off. I ran down to the desk a couple of times and stopped a third time on my way up from the much-appreciated underground parking to ask for help with the fireplace, but the lone person at the desk was always very busy, and not wanting to wait, I eventually gave up. Though we were told our room was ready for us, when we checked in we found towels and toiletries lacking, though that was corrected immediately with a call to the desk. More staff and a bit more attention to detail would have been welcome in this rather expensive hotel, but on the whole, as in the past, we enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Haleyx
1Bellwether, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
To HaleyX,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I'm happy to hear that you are a return guest of ours, we love the opportunity to make those personal connections with our frequent guests. Since you last stayed, we have increased our staffing at the front desk in order to better care for our guests. I hope next time you stay, we will be able to better care for your needs.

Thank you for your continued patronage,
360.392.3100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Powell Butte, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I cannot say enough good things about this lovely hotel. My husband and I were in town for the weekend, and chose this place. We received a complimentary upgrade to a suite, and had a view of the bay. The happy hour in the bar/grill was fun, and the food was delicious - truly, the calamari was exceptional. The front desk and bar/grill staff were prompt and courteous, and I want to single out Kaylie at the front desk for going above and beyond the call for me while checking out. There's a very nice walking path just between the hotel and the bay, which we appreciated as well. We'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Spend a few more bucks for a bay/ocean view - you'll be glad you did.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
To Carolyn E,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us in June. I'm glad you were able to enjoy a complimentary upgrade, we try to do these as much as we can, based on availability. My agent Kaylie is such a sweetheart, and I am happy to learn she was able to make your experience with us that much better.

We are looking forward to your next visit,

Tampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

One of the best hotels I have stayed at in years and highly recommend you stay there also if you are in the area. Spacious room with fireplace - food was great in the restaurant. If you are looking for a romantic time for two - this could be the place. Be sure you sign up to take "Biscuit" , (the resident hotel dog) out for a walk in the morning as she loves the attention and a good belly rub!

Room Tip: If you stay on the side of the hotel facing the Commons, be sure to get a second floor room as the v...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
To Steve H,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your stay with us mid-June. Your short and sweet review brings a smile to my face. We pride ourselves on providing unique experiences to all of our guests, and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Biscuit is one of the sweetest dogs I've ever met, and one of the best greeters in town!

I hope you stay with us again,

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

My husband booked a suite for two nights in this hotel. Before arriving, I had no idea what to expect. However, when we walked into the room, I was really happy that we got a balcony facing the sea. This hotel is beautifully decorated and classic.
Our room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. Before entering the bathroom, there was a basin and a big table for the purposes of washing hands only or changing baby diapers (I think).
We like the restaurant in the hotel very much. Every day, between 3 pm to 6 pm, there were happy hours in the lounge and restaurant for guests to hang out. The food and dishes were also delicious.
As this is a little coastal town, life is pretty laid-back and people are really friendly. I usually need a glass of milk after having some alcohol. When we walked to the front desk and requested a glass of milk after coming back from some drinks and dinner, the staff at the front desk was just so friendly and pour a glass a milk to me -- without even asking us to sign the bill! The whole atmosphere was so much like at home!!
Overall, we enjoyed very much our stay there. If there is a real problem I want to address, it should be the instability of wifi. Sometimes the signal was so weak that I had to wait for some more time to download files or checking emails. My husband, however, had an issue about the sleep quality at the hotel. The curtain was not enough to block the light from the outside illumination of the building; thus, it was sometimes too bright in the bedroom.
There are also restaurants, spa, and convenient store just within walking distance.
This hotel provides some true relaxation and peace if one wants to have a quiet little getaway.

Room Tip: Book a room facing the sea is a great experience!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
To margarita_red2006,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us in early June. Thank you for your detailed and thorough review. Since you have stayed, we recently updated our WiFi network, and it is functioning as it should, strong signals throughout the building. I am so glad that you had a pleasant experience in the Lighthouse Bar & Grill too!

I look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the future,
Murphy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel is a hidden gem. It's tucked away and such a pleasant surprise! Absolutely charming place that is nicely decorated and has a great feel. Beautiful view and great food next door. Have a great dinner and come back to your room and watch the sunset from the porch (or the tub).

Room Tip: Highly recommend this place to anyone.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cookingupmemories
1Bellwether, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
To SusanMurphy_Texas,

Your kind words bring me a smile. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that we can welcome you back soon. We just had our first Blues, Brews, and BBQ which was a huge success! Live music, delicious barbeque, great atmosphere, and amazing sunsets every Thursday on our Waterfront Terrace. Please contact our friendly front desk at 360.392.3100 or 1.877.411.1200 to reserve, or browse our site for current and upcoming promotions.

360.392.3178
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Spent one night at Bellwether to explore the Bellingham area. Brought our bikes to ride out to town, and ride the seawall. Lounge and restaurant were great. Customer service over the phone and in person were exceptional. Only complaint is we had to bring the kids, who said "what no pool?" Great couples getaway from Vancouver.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Suite - Islanders? No balcony, but lovely view from windows. Just above the outdo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank karpiadiem p
To karpiadiem p,

Thank you for this short and sweet review. I am happy that you had a great stay, and I hope that we can welcome you back in the future, possibly for an anniversary or birthday? To make your stay even more special, you might consider a adding a Romance Amenity to your reservation, which includes three roses, a bath bomb to use in our jetted tubs, and a bottle of champagne. To book, please check out our website for our latest specials, or contact the front desk for that friendly personal touch, 360.392.3100 or 1.877.411.1200.

360.392.3178
Lund, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

The Bellwether, Bellingham…Beautiful - a hotel of classy elegance
What a great place to spend a few days. We arrived in Bellingham (after a seamless Canada/USA border crossing) at 9:30 on Friday morning. Obviously, a little too early for check in but Kaly (at the front desk) happily stored our luggage and sent us off exploring the Bellingham area with a promise of a phone call when our room would be ready. Off to La Conner we went and what a quaint, interesting, friendly seaside town. We meandered the cozy streets ending with lunch at an oyster bar with a beer and some deep fried scallops (only a part of that vacation diet… but yummy nonetheless
As promised, as we were enroute back to Bellingham (about 40 minutes) Kaly called to let us know that our room was ready.
We opened the door to our room…WOW!...it had a stunning view of the harbor, a jetted tub, king bed (with lots of pillows), truly decadent.
Upon further exploration of The Bellwether, we discovered their piano bar and restaurant. The food and service was exemplary…a 10 out of 10 in all areas.
You can certainly tell that this hotel is loved by the people who work there and run it. The atmosphere is warm, inviting and comfortable.
If you are contemplating a trip…I strongly recommend The Bellwether as the place where you want your head to hit the pillow. You won’t be disappointed!!!
Bellingham has a lot to offer. There are many great shops and restaurants. Lots of places worthy of your valuable vacation time.

The Bellwether, Bellingham WA…a great find!!!

Room Tip: Just call the front desk...:)
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SavaryResort
To SavaryResort,

Thank you so much for all of your kind words! Every Friday and Saturday, the Lighthouse Bar & Grill presents live piano with Blake Angelos, a local favorite. I'm glad you enjoyed your luxurious room as well, with our unmatched views of Bellingham Bay and Squalicum Harbor. I can't wait to welcome you back to our property! Please contact our front desk at 360.392.3100 or 1.877.411.1200 to book your next reservation, or check out website for our latest promotions.