“Beautiful, Quiet, and Serene”
Review of Hotel Bellwether

Hotel Bellwether
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Bellingham
Reviewed November 8, 2013

5 day stay in September, 2013. Other than a minor hiccup at check in (which was handled in a professional and expedited manner), had a wonderful experience and stay. Loved our room! It had everything that we needed and more. Had a beautiful balcony view of Bellingham Bay. Enjoyed the barbecue and music on Thursday evening which we were able to enjoy on their patio and our balcony. I enjoyed a 45 minute morning walk each day to the park nearby. Plenty of restaurants in the immediate area and great room service. We didn't want to leave.
Look forward to staying there again!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the Executive Suite rooms which had everything we needed, wanted, and more. Rea...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1Bellwether, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

To Gloria M,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am glad you were able to relax in our luxurious rooms. It looks like you were a guest of ours during the summer, since you mentioned our Thursday BBQ and I am pleased you enjoyed the event. During the winter, we have live piano music in the lounge Fridays and Saturdays, and Jazz on Sundays! We are looking forward to your return visit. Please contact myself or the front desk, at 1.877.411.1200 or 360.392.3100, to book your next reservation, or take a look at our website to check out our latest promotions.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Bellwether

Reviewed October 24, 2013

It can be difficult to travel with a dog...especially a big dog. We stayed at the Bellwether because our German Shepherd was in a Nosework trial nearby. We all enjoyed it. The ground floor patio of our room was a perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine and relax with our dog. There were ample paths to walk around and enjoy the grounds. The bed was huge and comfortable.

The staff was pleasant and professional. We ordered room service for dinner and the food was good, I had breakfast in the dining room and enjoyed a Bloody Mary that was exceptional.

I look forward to returning here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1Bellwether, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

To Brynlyn,

Thank you for writing us this outstanding review! We love dogs! I'm happy that you were able to enjoy some room service and that your experiences in the Lighthouse Bar & Grill were so exceptional. I hope we can welcome you and your canine companion back for another visit in the future. If you would information on current promotions or events, please check out our website or call the front desk staff at 360.392.3100 or 800.411.1200.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Awesome and quiet place to stay. Front desk stay was very helpful, room was great.
Would stay here again ! Shopping was good and close, easy to find your way to and from Hotel Bellwether, great secure hotel parking.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

To Don S,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our property. I am glad you had such a great stay that we will be welcoming you back. We are somewhat centrally located in Bellingham, only about 10 to 15 minutes away from the best places to shop and the airport. Feel free to contact our front desk team by calling 1.877.411.1200 or 360.392.3100 and they would be happy to assist you with your next reservation. Our website will also have our current promotions and events.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at this for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed the visit. Our daughter attends Western Washington University and we have been to Bellingham several times to visit. The room was quiet and very comfortable for my wife and myself. Staff were extremely courteous and the complimentary private garage parking was another benefit we were pleased to learn about as well. When we next visit we hope to stay longer and enjoy more of the hotel amenities.

Room Tip: We had an end room and enjoyed the view of the marina.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

To Charles U,

Thank you for writing us this great review! I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our special WWU rates and I am excited to welcome you back again. Feel free to contact me or any member of our front desk team who would be happy to assist you with your next reservation. I also encourage you to check our website for our latest promotions and event schedule. You can contact the front desk directly at 1-360-392-3100.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great hotel in Bellingham and a wonderful welcome by the young receptionist/reservations clerk Sarah. The hotel is pet friendly too. Would definitely stay here again if in the area. Well appointed large rooms with fireplaces and air bubbled baths!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the waterfront. Views are wonderful and the trains in the night pass on the other...
1  Thank Goldengenius
1Bellwether, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

To goldengenius,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts. Sarah, our concierge, is often singled out as a vital agent on my team. She is great with our guests and their canine companions. We are a pet friendly hotel, so any travelers wanting to bring their dogs, definitely can for a small fee! And for those that are allergic, we do have a pet free floor. I hope we can welcome you back, contact me directly and I will make sure you get a special discount on a great room.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times and have always enjoyed it. The balconies or patios on the water side have a table and chairs so that guests can enjoy the spectacular views of the marina; of a nearby park where people walk their dogs, ride their bikes, and fly kites; of Bellingham bay; and of Lummi Island. The rooms are large and comfortable, with gas fireplaces that are easy to operate, comfortable beds, and large bathrooms with both walk-in showers and jacuzzi tubs.

The staff are pleasant, the breakfast we had was delicious (not included with the room price, but we were given a voucher that discounted the price) , and the outdoor bar also has great views. The area around the hotel has quite a few restaurants with a range of choices (sushi, other seafood, Italian, bistro, coffee shop), a walking/cycling path, and the park I mentioned. Parking in the underground garage is free.

The rooms on the ground floor are pet-friendly. The facility is non-smoking indoors and out, though the management can't (or at least didn't, despite our complaints) control the behavior of rude folks like those in a room near ours whose idea of generosity was sitting on the patio smoking cigars, sharing their stink with everyone in nearby rooms.

But the inconsiderate cigar smokers were the only glitch in our otherwise very pleasant stay. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Haleyx

To Haleyx,

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay with us. It warms my heart to know that we take such great care of our guests, to the point where they come back again and again. We try our best to discourage guests from smoking on our property, as we are a 100% non-smoking facility. We can't always get them all, some people do not realize that they are disrupting their neighbor's stay. Next time you stay, please contact me directly and I will make sure you are put in the best available suite at a special discount. I have a suite in mind that will keep you away from anyone who might bend the rules again.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Ours was a last minute trip to Bellingham, via the Edison Bakery and Chuckanut Drive. Living in Seattle we decided to take a quick trip, of course it WAS Labor Day weekend, but we figured we would give it a shot. Found the hotel was well reviewed on Trip-advisor so I check the hotel website and bingo they had a room so I booked it and off we went. What a lovely hotel! We check in and I just happen to inquire about an upgrade and the very courteous clerk said, well in fact they had just had a cancellation and they would be happy to accommodate :) so we did. The room was terrrific, corner overlooking the REALLY active marina and the bay. Watching the sail boats come and go.....I could have stayed all month. Just the two of us and we just loved it. They did a terrific job. The Italian restaurant on the pier was fantastic as well.

Room Tip: Ask for the corner overlooking the marina AND the bay, the deck was a terrific spot to sip a beverag...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

To rgjreagent,

Thank you for writing us this amazing review! We often run special promotions on rooms for those last minute travelers, I am glad you were able to take advantage. Thank you for the kind words and voicing your opinions on our great views! If you are planning on visiting us again in the future, please contact me directly and I would love to set you up in a great room at a great rate.