“Love that waterfront!”

Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
“Love that waterfront!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We found this hotel very comfortable, easy to find, accomodating staff and great for walking around the waterfront. Another really good thing is that they allow pets and the walking area is good for them also.

Room Tip: Facing the water of course is best and first floor allows you to walk right out with your pet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HotBelle, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
To Virginia D,

Thank you for writing us this fantastic review! I hope we can welcome you and your canine companion back to visit us very soon. If you call me directly, I can make sure to book you a great room at special price.

360.392.3178

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Smart hotel, friendly service. The food was good. The hotel room was huge. Could not have asked for more. The rooms were extremely well furnished with a four poster bed.

For breakfast I had the west coast omelette and the continental platter. Both were very good.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view and if you are a light sleeper, the train may keep you awake, so take ear plug...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HotBelle, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
To George100george,

Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to write a review about your recent stay at our property. I am glad you enjoyed the service, the restaurant, and the guest room. I hope you come visit us when you next visit Bellingham. If you would like, I can set up your reservation for you and give you a great rate.

Post Falls, Idaho
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was a fast trip to Bellingham to take our daughter to the Ferry, so after a long drive and standing in the cold waiting for the ferry we were glad to check into this nice room, with great view! The room was very clean, has nice fireplace that will cooked you out of the room, but still a nice treat! Nice big bath tub that opened up to the bed area, that would be fun, if you wont tired and stuffed from the nice dinner we got at Anthony's Fireside grill next door.☺
Front deck was nice. The only 2 bad things about our stay is, the Internet went down around 8:00 P.M. and was still not up in the am. And the TV system did not seem to be user friendly. But all in all a nice stay, spend the extra few dollars for the water view it's well worth it, the sunset was Great!!!
I almost forgot 2 Bottle of water that were complementary, now that's unheard of and nice surprise! There was also bottles of wine and snack basket that you could purchase.

Room Tip: Spend the little extra money for water view, the sunset is amazing!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HotBelle, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
To Hgirl_2,

Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to write us this review. I do apologize about the wireless and cable issues. We do provide free wireless internet and we also have a 24/7 Business Center for those that are having trouble connecting to our wireless network. We provide Comcast Digital Cable in every room and our desk staff is happy to help any guest who may be having trouble using the remotes. I am glad you enjoyed the room, with free amenities, and for purchase honor bar, and the fabulous view of the sunset from your private balcony. I hope you come stay with us the next time you are in the area. Feel free to contact me directly to set up your next reservation for a great deal on a great room.

Waipahu, Hawaii
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I booked the Hotel Bellwether after extensive research on the Bellingham area luxuary hotel scene. My pleasant experience started with the reservation phone call to the Bellwether where I was met with a friendly and helpful attitude during my reservation booking of the amazing Lighthouse Suite.
This same attitude of excellent customer service was in evidence during my entire stay.

I got in very early, far before normal check-in hours and the front desk worked with the friendly hotel housekeeping staff to ensure my suite was ready as quickly as possible; while it was obvious that they were very busy, they made my comfort a priority. I decided to take a walk around the beautiful area while I waited and they quickly verified that they had my cell number so they could call me the moment my room was ready for me. That's outstanding service.

This type of friendly professional service was exhibited in every aspect of the hotel experience. Room service staff from the Lighthouse Bar and Grill were personable and prompt in delivering tasty food; breakfast in particular was extremely delicious.
The Housekeeping staff were all so friendly and prompt in taking care of any requests and they took the time to make sure the room was pristine every day.
At one point, even Jim (GM) showed up with our room service server just to say "Hello" and ensure we were having a good time. Amazing.

The Lighthouse Suite is definitely the crown jewel of this establishment. Three stories, comfortable, well decorated rooms and the view is just amazing. The temperature controls were very comfortable and the accommodations were cozy and enjoyable. I rarely sleep well in unfamiliar places, but I had no trouble in this suite. It was tastefully decorated and very quiet in every room.

With such a beautiful area, absolutely top notch service and an utterly comfortable and unique place to stay, my vacation at the Hotel Bellwether is definitely on my short list of all time favorites.

1 Thank John F
To John F,

Thank you so much for writing us this outstanding review! We are very glad you had a great stay. We pride ourselves on providing the best service and from what I can tell, that is what you received. Our Signature Lighthouse Suite is definitely our crown jewel, you are correct. The 360 degree view from the top takes your breath away. The separate lighthouse structure provides maximum privacy with a secluded feel. I hope you come back and visit us the next time you are in the area. Feel free to contact me directly and I can set you up with a great rate for any of our available Executive Rooms or Signature Suites.

Washington State
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We came here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The front desk was busy when we showed up. It took about 15 to get us checked in, We had room 225. It was a suite. When you entered the room, the closet was on your left and bathroom on your right. A little further in it had a desk with an honor bar on it, coffee and bottled water. The room had a refrigerator in it. On the other side of the bathroom the was the bedroom.
Now, the bedroom was nice, it has its own window, TV and such. The bed is nice while you sit on it but when we went to sleep, we both found it too soft and did not sleep well. Also there is no fan or anyway to circulate air. It was pretty stuffy in there.
The living room was down a few steps. The room is decorated very nicely. Large, flat screened tv inside a nice hutch.
The view was great! A nice view of the marina.
Over all, we would return but hopefully to find a firmer bed.
Staff was very friendly!

1 Thank vexsgirl
HotBelle, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
To vexsgirl,

Thank you for writing us this review. I do apologize about the bed, it is hard to please everyone when it comes to the softness or firmness of the mattress. All of our rooms do have fan and temperature controls located on the wall near the door. Next time, feel free to ask our desk clerks and they will be happy to help. I am happy to hear the staff was friendly and that you enjoyed the fantastic view of the water. Please come back and see us again. If you contact me directly I can set you up in a nice room at a great rate.

Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just stayed last week at the Hotel Bellwether and could not have been happier for the experience. We showed up mid-week (no reservation) and not only did they find us a room, but they gave us their lowest rate and upgraded us to a water-side view room, when listening to our sob story of being poor teachers on spring break. The room was wonderful- luxurious king size bed, wonderful jacuzzi soaking tub and a balcony just big enough for the two of us to sit and enjoy some cocktails while watching the setting sun over the bay. And the hotel warmly accepted our two dogs. We went down to the hotel bar for their late happy hour, 8-9 pm, and found the food delicious and the bartender Karen warm, friendly and a lovely conversationalist. And Sara at the front desk was an absolute delight to work with- this girl needs a raise! All in all, a wonderful one-night stay. We are already looking forward to a return visit soon. -- C and M

1 Thank Craig A
To Craig A,

Thank you for taking the time to write us this fantastic review. I am glad you we could make your trip that much better, for you and your canine companions. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our onsite restaurant, the Lighthouse Bar and Grill, for their late night happy hour. We always strive to provide the best service and it sounds like you got it from both our desk staff and restaurant staff. Please visit us again next time you are in town. Feel free to book directly with me and I am happy to offer a special rate for a great room, just for you.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We booked the Bellwether's Lighthouse Suite ($440 per night with taxes) for a weekend (late February, 2013). We arrived very late (12:30 pm) as planned. On check in, the desk clerk reiterated in no uncertain terms that this was a no smoking hotel (we don't smoke) and that absolutely no parties could be held in the Bellwether suites. We were then provided with a lengthy history of a family who (5 years earlier) had booked the suite for their child's 21st birthday and the $10K in damages that had occurred. We explained that since we were attending a funeral we had no grand parties planned and indicated by our initials at three separate entries that we understood the rules. Then we were given our key. On arrival in the room we discovered the mini-frig required defrosting and there were only two coffee cups, two wine glasses, and no silver of any sort. Clearly the no party policy was being enforced. The following day we returned to our room at 2pm to find that the suite had not yet been made up and there were no additional clean towels so that we could shower. We notified the front desk and went to luncheon at the hotel. We waited ten minutes at the restaurant reception desk and then proceeded to seat ourselves. It appeared that there was only one wait person serving the restaurant. Based on our luncheon experience we elected not to have dinner there that evening. The Bellwether commands an excellent location with magnificent views of the harbor. If its prime location could be combined with excellent service it could be the premier hotel in the city.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank TRPTraveler
HotBelle, Director of Sales at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review your recent stay at our hotel. We take our reviews very seriously and I found your observations especially upsetting as I first read them. I am deeply sorry for your less than luxurious experience. Upon review of your stay and extensive discussion with each aforementioned department, I discovered several things and made many requests for change in the hotel to avoid future shortcomings. The clerk, our 11 p.m.-7 a.m. night auditor, who checked you in was with the hotel 5 years ago when the incident of vandalism took place and is especially protective of our prized Signature Lighthouse Suite; our crown jewel. Due to this incident, our check-in policy now clearly states that no parties may be held in any room and I apologize for the blunt back-story at close to 1:00 in the morning. You are always welcome to call the front desk to request more glasses and silverware be delivered to your room for small gatherings. Housekeeping has been made aware of the fridge and towel observations and will be keeping a closer eye on the temperature and status of our mini-fridges. Our prime location, as the only peninsula waterfront hotel in Bellingham, is indeed an enormous factor in our appeal to the luxury business and leisure traveler but we do our best to align the value of your stay across all departments to ensure an entirely luxurious stay in any of our 66 rooms. I invite you to return again soon and please feel free to call me directly to arrange your next stay.
Kendall | 360.392.3179 | kendall@hotelbellwether.com