“Outstanding stay at Hotel Bellwether” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Bellwether

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Bellwether
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Waipahu, Hawaii
“Outstanding stay at Hotel Bellwether”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I booked the Hotel Bellwether after extensive research on the Bellingham area luxuary hotel scene. My pleasant experience started with the reservation phone call to the Bellwether where I was met with a friendly and helpful attitude during my reservation booking of the amazing Lighthouse Suite.
This same attitude of excellent customer service was in evidence during my entire stay.

I got in very early, far before normal check-in hours and the front desk worked with the friendly hotel housekeeping staff to ensure my suite was ready as quickly as possible; while it was obvious that they were very busy, they made my comfort a priority. I decided to take a walk around the beautiful area while I waited and they quickly verified that they had my cell number so they could call me the moment my room was ready for me. That's outstanding service.

This type of friendly professional service was exhibited in every aspect of the hotel experience. Room service staff from the Lighthouse Bar and Grill were personable and prompt in delivering tasty food; breakfast in particular was extremely delicious.
The Housekeeping staff were all so friendly and prompt in taking care of any requests and they took the time to make sure the room was pristine every day.
At one point, even Jim (GM) showed up with our room service server just to say "Hello" and ensure we were having a good time. Amazing.

The Lighthouse Suite is definitely the crown jewel of this establishment. Three stories, comfortable, well decorated rooms and the view is just amazing. The temperature controls were very comfortable and the accommodations were cozy and enjoyable. I rarely sleep well in unfamiliar places, but I had no trouble in this suite. It was tastefully decorated and very quiet in every room.

With such a beautiful area, absolutely top notch service and an utterly comfortable and unique place to stay, my vacation at the Hotel Bellwether is definitely on my short list of all time favorites.

1 Thank John F
HotBelle, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
To John F,

Thank you so much for writing us this outstanding review! We are very glad you had a great stay. We pride ourselves on providing the best service and from what I can tell, that is what you received. Our Signature Lighthouse Suite is definitely our crown jewel, you are correct. The 360 degree view from the top takes your breath away. The separate lighthouse structure provides maximum privacy with a secluded feel. I hope you come back and visit us the next time you are in the area. Feel free to contact me directly and I can set you up with a great rate for any of our available Executive Rooms or Signature Suites.

360.392.3178

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Washington State
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We came here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The front desk was busy when we showed up. It took about 15 to get us checked in, We had room 225. It was a suite. When you entered the room, the closet was on your left and bathroom on your right. A little further in it had a desk with an honor bar on it, coffee and bottled water. The room had a refrigerator in it. On the other side of the bathroom the was the bedroom.
Now, the bedroom was nice, it has its own window, TV and such. The bed is nice while you sit on it but when we went to sleep, we both found it too soft and did not sleep well. Also there is no fan or anyway to circulate air. It was pretty stuffy in there.
The living room was down a few steps. The room is decorated very nicely. Large, flat screened tv inside a nice hutch.
The view was great! A nice view of the marina.
Over all, we would return but hopefully to find a firmer bed.
Staff was very friendly!

1 Thank vexsgirl
HotBelle, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
To vexsgirl,

Thank you for writing us this review. I do apologize about the bed, it is hard to please everyone when it comes to the softness or firmness of the mattress. All of our rooms do have fan and temperature controls located on the wall near the door. Next time, feel free to ask our desk clerks and they will be happy to help. I am happy to hear the staff was friendly and that you enjoyed the fantastic view of the water. Please come back and see us again. If you contact me directly I can set you up in a nice room at a great rate.

Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just stayed last week at the Hotel Bellwether and could not have been happier for the experience. We showed up mid-week (no reservation) and not only did they find us a room, but they gave us their lowest rate and upgraded us to a water-side view room, when listening to our sob story of being poor teachers on spring break. The room was wonderful- luxurious king size bed, wonderful jacuzzi soaking tub and a balcony just big enough for the two of us to sit and enjoy some cocktails while watching the setting sun over the bay. And the hotel warmly accepted our two dogs. We went down to the hotel bar for their late happy hour, 8-9 pm, and found the food delicious and the bartender Karen warm, friendly and a lovely conversationalist. And Sara at the front desk was an absolute delight to work with- this girl needs a raise! All in all, a wonderful one-night stay. We are already looking forward to a return visit soon. -- C and M

1 Thank Craig A
To Craig A,

Thank you for taking the time to write us this fantastic review. I am glad you we could make your trip that much better, for you and your canine companions. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our onsite restaurant, the Lighthouse Bar and Grill, for their late night happy hour. We always strive to provide the best service and it sounds like you got it from both our desk staff and restaurant staff. Please visit us again next time you are in town. Feel free to book directly with me and I am happy to offer a special rate for a great room, just for you.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We booked the Bellwether's Lighthouse Suite ($440 per night with taxes) for a weekend (late February, 2013). We arrived very late (12:30 pm) as planned. On check in, the desk clerk reiterated in no uncertain terms that this was a no smoking hotel (we don't smoke) and that absolutely no parties could be held in the Bellwether suites. We were then provided with a lengthy history of a family who (5 years earlier) had booked the suite for their child's 21st birthday and the $10K in damages that had occurred. We explained that since we were attending a funeral we had no grand parties planned and indicated by our initials at three separate entries that we understood the rules. Then we were given our key. On arrival in the room we discovered the mini-frig required defrosting and there were only two coffee cups, two wine glasses, and no silver of any sort. Clearly the no party policy was being enforced. The following day we returned to our room at 2pm to find that the suite had not yet been made up and there were no additional clean towels so that we could shower. We notified the front desk and went to luncheon at the hotel. We waited ten minutes at the restaurant reception desk and then proceeded to seat ourselves. It appeared that there was only one wait person serving the restaurant. Based on our luncheon experience we elected not to have dinner there that evening. The Bellwether commands an excellent location with magnificent views of the harbor. If its prime location could be combined with excellent service it could be the premier hotel in the city.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank TRPTraveler
HotBelle, Director of Sales at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review your recent stay at our hotel. We take our reviews very seriously and I found your observations especially upsetting as I first read them. I am deeply sorry for your less than luxurious experience. Upon review of your stay and extensive discussion with each aforementioned department, I discovered several things and made many requests for change in the hotel to avoid future shortcomings. The clerk, our 11 p.m.-7 a.m. night auditor, who checked you in was with the hotel 5 years ago when the incident of vandalism took place and is especially protective of our prized Signature Lighthouse Suite; our crown jewel. Due to this incident, our check-in policy now clearly states that no parties may be held in any room and I apologize for the blunt back-story at close to 1:00 in the morning. You are always welcome to call the front desk to request more glasses and silverware be delivered to your room for small gatherings. Housekeeping has been made aware of the fridge and towel observations and will be keeping a closer eye on the temperature and status of our mini-fridges. Our prime location, as the only peninsula waterfront hotel in Bellingham, is indeed an enormous factor in our appeal to the luxury business and leisure traveler but we do our best to align the value of your stay across all departments to ensure an entirely luxurious stay in any of our 66 rooms. I invite you to return again soon and please feel free to call me directly to arrange your next stay.
Kendall | 360.392.3179 | kendall@hotelbellwether.com
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed on a weekend in March so weather wasn't perfect, but didn't matter. The hotel was very nice - we had a suite with a great view. Staff were very friendly and accommodating when we had a request. We were surprised by how empty the restaurants were given the food was quite good. Will likely return in the future. We recommend water view rooms to make the visit most enjoyable. Only one gripe -- and know this is preference - but our bed was a tad too soft for our preference.

Room Tip: Pick a suite or at least a water view room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotBelle, Director of Sales at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay with us. We take guest reviews very seriously and act quickly to resolve any short-comings you may have experienced to ensure your next stay not only meets your needs but exceeds your best standards. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay (and the VIEW!) and welcome you to return shortly as the weather and waterfront warm up and the sun shine becomes a daily treat. The ideal mattress can attract such a wide difference of opinion and it is funny you should mention it as we have already implemented a change to, over the next 2 years, replace all of our mattresses with brand new ones. Currently, our mattresses are actually one of the biggest compliments we receive however, even with the friendliest staff, everything requires continuous improvement and we hope to improve with every visit you make to the Bellwether.
Victoria, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Bellwether for a night before flying to Hawaii from Bellingham airport. We did the park and fly package which included a 30 dollar certificate at their restaurant, parking for a week and transport to and from the airport. While the property was excellent, nice rooms, great views, awesome food at the bar/restaurant and good spa, we were left with a bit of sour taste in our mouths when we discovered that the 30$ certificate at the restaurant was only good for breakfast and while we were provided cab fare to the airport, we had to pay for our own way back. It would have been nice if this was clear up front. Nonetheless, I would recommend the property and would come back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank andyfromcanada
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a chance to go across the border to Bellingham for 1 night, and having been to the Hotel Bellwether about 10 yrs earlier we thought we would try it again. Overall the hotel is lovely and the attached restaurant (Lighthouse Bar & Grill) was surprisingly good. Only negative was trying to book one of their packages (North By Northwest) which none of their staff of staff at the Preferred Hotel toll-free # knew about. After 4 calls we gave up & just asked for a better rate on one of their Premier Suites which was nice as a sitting room as well. Nice view of the water and a very comfy bed and a fire-place too. Room had 2 tv's which seemed like overkill, but as sitting area has a pull-out couch if you had another person with you they could watch tv while others were in bed.

My husband went across the parking lot to the exercise area and he said it was a bit of a joke re equipment & lay-out, so if you have high expectations for that then this may not be the place for you. No pool either & as not in the Fairhaven area not that much shopping nearby, but it doesn't take long to drive there. Wi-fi worked well and a business area too. We would return, altho had we paid full price for the room, which was $230, I might have to re-consider.

Room Tip: One key tip is if you have pet allergies they have a floor, the 3rd, that isn't supposed to allo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HotBelle, Director of Sales at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay with us. We take reviews very seriously and act quickly to resolve any short-comings. We have many great seasonal and year-round packages for our guests to choose from. I have since provided the front desk with an extended explanation of the package offerings, sent to me directly from Preferred, so that subsequent guests are met with informative answers on our newer packages. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the amenities and views of the Premier Suite. Each of our 7 suites are unique and I invite you to try another the next time you are in town. The fitness facility is small but effective and we also offer discounted day passes to the local athletic club for guests who wish to swim or require additional options. We may be located out on the water but the shops in downtown Bellingham are delightful and are just 1 mile down the road; Fairhaven Village is also just 5 miles away along the water. We pride ourselves on giving our guests options, from plaza side Executive rooms to the 3 story, free standing, 900 square foot Signature Lighthouse Suite (come by for a tour!) and everything in between; we have something for every budget and occasion. Kindly contact me before your next visit to make personal arrangements.

Kendall